If the mercy buff isnt a buff

50hps was in fact a revert that nerfs her.
60hps only on Valkyrie half reverts the revert we just got but doesn’t fix the problems that are an inherent part of Valkyrie.
It also doesn’t fix the issues of E Rez, etc.

It doesn’t fix the disgrace that is Mercy 2.0.
The either over-powered or under-powered disgrace.

At least Mercy 1.0, whilst considered F-Tier for most of it’s existence was fun and engaging to play and shows she as a character was healthier for the game and people could still make her work, even though she was easily countered and hence put in F-Tier. Once invulnerability became a thing, it moved her into C-Tier at best.

Mercy 2.0 was a must-pick until the healing nerf/revert made it so impossible to use the other aspects of her kit and causing more team members to die, that it put her back to F-Tier, but she is now an UNFUN and UNENGAGING F-Tier.

Valkyrie → Takes player skills out of their hands. Chain beams = Beam Juggling and Prioritization skill negated. Promotes people not learning GA usage, knowing good positions to avoid ults and knowing how to GA away from ults. Instead of weaving around the fights, lets you fly and M1 as far from the fight as possible.
E Rez → Teammate died. Can I rez safely? Yes? Okay Rez. No? Welp not going to do it.

Literally, less thought. Literally took all skill away from her and allowed every garbage Mercy be able to get more value out of her then they deserved.

I will say what I have said many times in the past few days that summarizes the problem of Mercy 2.0.

2 Likes

Buffs are buffs. Even if this seems small to some people, it still makes her stronger. In a game like Overwatch, small steps must be taken in terms of balance - hence why changes to heroes come slowly. One little change can interrupt the flow of the game, so to speak. So perhaps there will be more changes to come to Mercy later, if this is too much or not enough. Only time will tell.

Personally, I am taking the buff with no complaints. It still makes her a stronger pick in the end.

8 Likes

This change is a buff, by definition. It increases her power level relative to last patch.

What people complained about is they don’t think this buff is impactful, and how it compared to two patch before so they don’t call it a buff.

To me, saying that she doesn’t recieve a buff is kinda unfair. “Mercy needs more” would be a better comment.

Though, everyone has to remember that buffing a very bad hero will only make them less bad, it won’t make them good. If they suddenly become good, there would probably be a big and radical change, which all we know will probably go wrong.

Nobody is saying that it isn’t a buff. We’re saying that it’s not enough.

1 Like

I like you

2 Likes

To be fair, it is a buff. But it can also be factually considered a partial revert.

They nerfed her healing by 17% last time and this affected her ult charge rate as well. The ult charge buff is just to make it come up about as frequently as it did before. It is only 15% but damage boost and gun ult charge gain had been unchanged, so it should be about right, perhaps a bit faster.

And Valk healing was already at 60 HPS before they nerfed it to 50 hps, so putting it back at 60 just undoes the nerf they just did. It is a very straightforward revert to valk.

If someone wants to call it a partial nerf revert rather than a buff, that is also a fair assessment.

3 Likes

I’m now aware that some people think that it isn’t a buff, but I believe that they’re just wording it poorly. It is a buff, but Mercy is still worse than she was before the nerf to her healing output.

If you want to get technical the 50HPS was a revert, and going back to 60HPS was a revert of the initial revert.

1 Like

people only SAY they want balance…but they don’t actually mean it…it’s a balance change…she’s currently weak…so you buff her back up…it was honestly the most common sens way to do it…plenty of people were saying it when they nerfed the healing…why everyone is all up in arms like they blindsided you is beyond me

The only time they were quiet was when she was a broken must pick for a year.

If you know what I mean.

I guess this is a good enough saying.

And before “at least Mercy gets a buff” becomes a meme I gotta use it here. This…“change” implies they are still trying stuff with Mercy and finally acknowledges this is not a good spot for her. It is a more stable foundation for the devs to try to work on other changes for Mercy. Well, to me at least. Maybe because I’m not a full-on Mercy main I don’t feel that much of frustration, but I understand where they are coming from.

Ok…I think her primary healing should be 70hps and ult 100hps, but her Rez would be gone and she would be a straight up healer. The “huge” problem people complained about was how she was picked a lot dadadada. But I mean look at Ana now… she is picked quite frequently. And yes, this revert is NOT a buff. (:

cant tell if serious or

She was reworked in September. She was nerfed in January. A think a year is a bit of an exaggeration.

The nerf that took her out of the scene as a primary all round healer came recently through the support buffs and series of nerfs too. That is a year.

Mercy mains get a buff , yet they don’t accept it , what kind of mentality is that???

3 Likes

See, it’s not what they wanted. They want what they want, and will complain about it until they get it. I’m not being toxic (not trying to be) but as I’ve been skimming the forums, that is all I’ve seen. There are good Mercy mains out there, I know, but y’all really need to look at the bright side. If I was a dev, and finally decided to buff Mercy, and you guys WEREN’T happy with it, I’d change it right back. Cut them a break, it’s a step in the right direction, and a buff.

1 Like

I’m a mercy main and I’m sorry but it bugs me when people say this isn’t a buff. I totally understand the point they’re trying to make but the fact is that it is both a buff and a revert, just cuz it’s a revert doesn’t make it not a buff, mercy’s getting more healing and faster ults so by definition it is a buff and denying that reality to make a point just makes people look a little stupid

2 Likes

The game is so much better than it was before the nerf.

Mercy and Moira have higher win rates than Ana until diamond, and then Ana starts to take over.

They each have their niche. All of the supports are viable.

2 Likes