If role queue is staying , can we bring back defence category?

I mean, this would help quite a lot. It would shorten “attack” queue times which in high level play are very long right now. I understand blizzard removed it because they don’t want people to be confused with when to play what but i think people would like defence back it if meant shorter attack times.

It wouldn’t, it would increase times.

But they could move one of the former Defence Heroes to the Tank role.

Which would marginally speed things up.

✅ Mei, 350hp, 100selfheal, 10sec wall

1 Like

How would it increase?

Because you wouldn’t be able to start a game without both an Attack hero and a Defence hero. And if they aren’t exactly equal player populations, that’s more waiting to find a good matchmaker player.

I know people do not want to hear this but having hybrid heroes is a good thing. It gives dps players something to pick if they get incompetent tanks that are unable to make space for them. Likewise it is good that tanks have hog so they can get the kills if they feel like their dps are not doing enough damage and likewise supports should have a 300hp shield brig for similar situations.

True enough, but Mei is trapped in the Sombra zone, where she’s OP on OWL but sucks on ladder.

I’m looking for a way to fix that.

Also I figure are nice as that is, if we don’t figure how to improve DPS queue times, the game is dead, and Overwatch 2 is dead.

And this would help a bit.

If you still have 2 DPS but one of the two is in the, generally, less popular defense category than the queue times for that other spot would go up. Rather simple really.

Why?

It was removed in the 1st place cause it didnt make sense.