If Mercy isn't good, then why do you still play her?

She was the most played hero all time but was considered a troll pick for 1 or 2 seasons starting from season 2. You could not pull a mass rez without killing yourself.

She was still popular though which is what the Mercy mains are usually trying to say: “We don’t care if she is horrible in the game, we just want her to be fun”

1 Like

People like her character enough to continue playing.

As interactive as an aimbot.

1 Like

Her Valkryie isn’t fun, the rest of her kit is still great.

2 Likes

and you are saying this with a Soldier icon ? :rofl:

Let’s see, zen was a trollpick which left Mercy and Lucio.

She’s weaker than before but definitely still fun. I’ll keep playing her if I think she’s fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

In Valk,you can:

• chain heal
  • chain damage boost
  • have better mobility due to free flight
  • use your pistol and go after enemy Widows or Pharahs who keep annoying your team

I’d hardly call that “interactive as an aimbot”

Yep, only Soldier does that

Chain heal and Chain damage boost literally takes out the target priority of Mercy. The better mobility is redundant for the same reason; the chains are 30 meters long; you don’t need more mobility, you just need to shift your crosshairs up by 10 degrees. Mercy has a lock-on heal that still requires target priority and to be relatively close and target priority. Valkyrie takes away both of those drawbacks. It is quite literally an aimbot

And frankly, if you’re using Valkyrie to fight Widow and Pharah because your team isn’t, you may as well swap to Sombra

1 Like

Really? I find her over dependence on other heroes the boring part of her kit. You have to target to heal, target to boost, target to rez, target to use your movement ability. Valkyrie, glide, and her pistol are the only abilities she has that doesn’t require a target to use. Compare that to other healers who don’t need a target just to left click.

Hell, at this point they might as well just turn Mercy into a WoW style tab target character and be done with it, cause that’s basically what she is.

Recently? For more challenge, since playing Moira in QP seems too easy for me ;-;

The response shows that most people who dislike mercy’s state are people who want her to be a pivotal character.

1 Like

I know weird right?

I also heard she was “unfun” to play, so?

Her base kit is fine. It’s mainly the 50 base HPS nerf which is irritating and how Valk + E Rez created a plethora of problems which eventually got literally everything in her kit nerfed but basic GA which somehow escaped alive lol.

Only real improvements from pre-rework is that she’s just barely more interactive and has an E ability, albeit it being rez and still being a nightmare to balance. Also the newer GA jumps and stuff which is honestly the only thing keeping me on the hero.

3 Likes

Seeing as how the forums want Mercy to be a “main healer” and dislike when she gets called a pocket hero or when she’s passive in playstyle,Valk not having chain beams or free flight would only add fuel to the “Mercy is boring” threads. Ironically Valk having single target beam/no free flight is what people want :roll_eyes:

And dw,Sombra is one of my mains,but I’ve been playing Mercy a lot bc why not

People call her unfun because she is the only hero who has to either heal allies or shoot enemies

with other supports you can do both at the same time

Just because their main is weak and bad, doesn’t mean they won’t play them. It’s not like they are gonna just say “lol ok”. People still play Winston even though he is bad.

She’s still useful in some situations. And she’s easier for low level players

Because I suck with Moira? I have been playing more Zen then Mercy lately, but that’s because of discord. It can pretty much shut down the enemy team if you have decent allies.
I only play Mercy now if there are no other healers or a Soldier 76 on my team.

You’re missing the point. Why don’t you actually read what I wrote.

Taking away Valk’s flight and Chain beam isn’t going to make her any less impactful. When they reworked her, they took away all the impact that Mass Rez could have on a game, and nothing in Mercy’s kit replaced it. That’s why she’s boring

3 Likes