If Mercy isn't good, then why do you still play her?

If people think Mercy is weak, then why do they play her? You never see anyone complain that tracer or symmetra are weak, only Mercy. I used to play tracer a lot, but now she is weak, so I learned how to play Lucio. If people really think that Mercy is so weak, then don’t play her. Learn a new hero, there are 28 other ones.

16 Likes

Well she’s only been weak recently; with her 50 HPS nerf she’s just slow to heal and slow to build ult.

But since her rework she’s been boring but strong, which is what the complaint is.

27 Likes

The rework made me actually enjoy Mercy to be honest. And I enjoy her even more now that she’s not a meta definining must pick.

Mercy still works where she’s supposed to work i.e. lower tiers. I got a career high in Comp the other day with her.

9 Likes

Because I don’t play healers much, played a lot of TF2 medic and I never learned how to play Ana/Moira

2 Likes

Moira is better in lower tiers, just saying.

5 Likes

The same reason we played her when she was a troll pick before her rework, she’s fun.

4 Likes

I know,but Mercy still works. And hey I felt like playing Mercy instead after playing Moira and Ana through all my placements :joy:

Mercy only works for triple DPS, or Dive, but that’s not meta, Rein/Zarya is, and Moira is better than Mercy for it at lower tiers.

1 Like

I don’t think Mercy has ever been a weak pick since the beginning of the game, up until 50hps, for Plat and below.

4 Likes

As if metas are ever a thing in lower ranks. Apart from Mercy meta.

In Gold and below,what heroes you have really doesn’t matter as long as it’s 2-2-2

1 Like

Yeah I know Mercy has been toned down maybe a bit too much, and I have been meaning to stop playing her, I even tried another supports.

But I quess I am too addicted playing Mercy

I remember hearing that she was the most played healer in the Beta. I highly doubt she was ever a trollpick tbh

2 Likes

Personally I play her because to me she’s far and wide the most fun hero. I don’t care so much about her power as long as she remains fun. Since the rework she has only become more fun, being op was fun for a bit but got old. She’s should be just about perfect after the ptr goes live.

1 Like

I always find it funny how people say she’s boring, but she has literally been the same since launch even after her rework since the only thing that really changed was ultimate. Everything else has been improved with more GA mechanics to improve her movement.

8 Likes

Are you forgetting that Mercy got a shield when casting rez ?
and they took it away

also her baseheal is lower than in beta

1 Like

And there’s a good reason for that. While Mercy’s base kit has remained essentially the same, Mass Rez was fun and impactful and Valk simply isn’t.

Here: I don’t want to re type everything, but I was asked what made mercy fun

Mass Rez allowed Mercy to change the tide of a match or secure a victory, like every other ultimate. That is fun.

Valkyrie allwos Mercy to watch her team change the tide of a match or secure victory, like a spectator. That is not fun.

9 Likes

But isn’t the biggest complaint that she isn’t fun? I know that doesn’t go for everyone, so maybe it isn’t for you but lots of people use this complaint yet still play her.

I hear a lot of people say Mercy is boring or she is extremely fun. You can’t judge others fun because fun is subjective, but we can all agree her kit is a little bit to simply and needs to be more complex.

How was pressing Q and having instant value more fun than Valk,which makes Mercy much more interactive??

People often complain Symmetra is weak (Not saying I agree).

Some people play heroes with abilities or play styles that they enjoy, Not simply because they are OP.
If people only played Meta heroes it would be as boring as the OWL and the game might as well be dead.
The whole appeal (at least for me) is to see diverse hero combinations so every hero has a different skillset which makes for an interesting game.

1 Like