If Mass-Rez Came Back

That would work very well. If it’s a 50% damage resistance, then you would effectively have to kill a Zarya with GA speed.

1 Like

I believe in the slippery slope and from that 2 things would happen 1 the community would become incredibly toxic since the devs reverted a major thing and whining was the thing that brought it back the second thing was after I’d guess a month they would demand buffs since they keep dying with the cast time

She already has GA, GA hop, super jump, and regen. She’d be OP since there’s no reason not to take her since she’s essentially unkillable and always healing her team. It also makes Hide and Rez a viable strategy.

She would need some kind of health boost during the cast time. Like how Torb gets more armor during his new E. You can interrupt her but would need team fire to stop her without CC.

Honestly, if she needed LoS that would probably be enough. A big issue back in the day was her getting multiple people through walls. LoS would fix that and the invincibly would be important for her being able to get those plays now.

1 Like

Honestly, it’s not the cast time that kills me but the slow and the fact that the rez-range is really close, so as long as it doesn’t have that I think I can manage.

2 Likes

I absolutely do not want Mass-Rez to come back LoS or not. They just need to remove E Rez and give her two during Valk. Simple fix. We don’t need a revert.

Her E ability can be Pacify, an ability Titanium suggested.

Lucio doesnt have damage reduction because his cast time is 0.8 seconds. The OP said Mercy’s should be 1-2 seconds. That can be a big difference, especially since Lucio uses his around all his teammates and Mercy (by definition) can’t.

5 Likes

I’m fine with los but the iframes gotta go. If she goes in the five man rez, she can get it off but it could cost her her life. That’s the risk and that’s how it should be.

Valkyrie on E would give her too much mobility imo

1 Like

Also, I’d much rather have the suggested Pacify ability. It gives Mercy more chance at actually making plays of her own.

1 Like

Because the topic of bringing back Mass Res has actually be a HUGE topic on all platforms. People want it back. So why not indulge?

5 Likes

She’ll never be able to get off a 5 man without the iframes with LoS. It would be too easy to predict where she’d need to be for max value and stop her. I think the iframes need to stay for her ult to be viable for max value.

It could be toned down to fit an E ability without being OP.

1 Like

I think any mobility buff at all in any shape or form for her would be too much of a buff. Her mobility is already fantastic she doesn’t need more.

5 Likes

That is completely false. 1-2 man resses were nearly ALWAYS the way to go, coming from a GM Mercy with over 600 hours on her. Waiting for anything bigger was a large risk if no team wipe ultimates were coming (grav, blade, etc.).

6 Likes

I personally have to agree with this. I liked the idea somebody else posted called Halo, where Mercy has a flash of light over her head that prevents her from being able to be headshot for a short time. This allows her a lot more defense in heated situations and against snipers, which making res easier to get off, not adding additional mobility, and giving her an ability THAT DOESNT COMPLETELY RELY ON A TEAMMATE TO UTILIZE.

1 Like

You can get the five man off. I saying it’s instant cast but she gets no iframes to save her after casting it like she did before. That’s what helped enable the hide and rez playstyle people hated along with no Los. She can instant rez five people but most likely going to have to die for it. This way it pushes tempo rezzing, which is the correct way to play.

Also for a new E give her a cleanse that can get rid of any debuff on a team mate and keep them safe from over debuffs for a short time.

What? She’s already the most mobile healer by a huge amount, and one of the most mobile heroes in the game. Especially given the nerfs to her healing, Valk on E would probably be one of the better ways to make sure Mercy has a niche over Moira or Ana. I do not think it’d be a problem

I don’t understand that.
How should reviving your entire team cost your life ?
Most DPS heroes can kill 5+ heroes with their ult yet it doesn’t cost them their life.

Other than Valkyrie, Mercy doesn’t have independent mobility. Having a small burst of it wouldn’t be too bad. My issue with current Valkyrie is her damage potential. It’s a very long ult with increased mobility and infinite ammo.

The only problem with this is that may give Mercy too much utility and steps on Ana and Zen’s toes. I don’t think she should have a utility E if they brought Mass Res back. They would need something else, to me personally.

1 Like