If Hog is too powerful...Ana!

Translation: I was looking to use your rank, hero choice, or other information as a weapon against you because I cannot think of an argument on the topic itself.

Ladder usually runs at least on main healer, so you are stuck with Ana, Bap or Moira

Offensive utility is king if you don’t run hyper sustain (GOATS, Bunker, DB), that’s why Lucio (speedboost is pretty much an offensive ability), Zen or Ana are usually part of the meta

The whole problem boils down to: Lack of options
Fixing Bap and Moira or adding another good single target support with offensive utility would solve the problem

I would argue that “overpowered” derives its use and meaning from the idea that a character is more powerful then the role as a whole is intended to be.

In order to be able to call something overpowered you have to assume that everything else is where it is suppose to be.

Which we do not know.

1 Like

Precisely what I meant when I said I didnt mind when double off healer was meta. It basically guaranteed that the meta didn’t apply to the ladder and meant most could play whatwver without much drawback, a luxury that was lost ever since Double Shields.

But again, I never said that Ana can’t be meta. So “fixing others to take her place” is irrelevant.

Not to mention, I think Moira is balanced atm (havent played much with Bap since his nerfs so that’s up to debate) but I think the better option is to bring Ana down closer to their level as opposed to trying to force them up to her, a strategy that ultimately led to the burning trash bin of a Mercy rework in the past, and was only solved once they took Mercy away from competing with Ana as a main healer.

I don’t know if she’s the most busted, but I definitely want them to tone down anti. Being hit with it and having little to no cleansing abilities to help your team always feels like garbage. It’s not that hard, it lasts too long for the fact it’s the only thing in the game that negate healing 100%…it just does too much in ONE ability.

1 Like

On the flip side, if you (subjectivity) believe that the rest of the role is balanced, and is thus “where its supposed to be” then those that dont fall within that power space are either OP or UP, depending on the side they fall in.

1 Like

I always believe Ana’s anti-heal needs to be reduce to 75% so that the enemy healer can still heal even if it’s a small fraction, and to stop allowing Ana complete monopoly on anti-heal ability by introducing more hero with anti-heal ability that do not stack. The partial anti-heal should work with the same CC rules as Mei’s freeze where only the strongest one is applied until it’s duration is over than it moves to the weaker one if its duration is still ongoing.

However, I’m sure the dev probably tested 75% anti-heal internally, otherwise they wouldn’t have been so stubborn about implementing it for the public.

2 Likes

That is true. However, since it is subjective no one can objectively say if Ana is OP or that everyone else is UP or a mixture of both.

This is why it is important for the dev team to communicate what they want to accomplish.

Bio nade nuke that you can throw in Dorado and hit enemies in Kings Row. The range along with 100% lockout is sickening. It’s better than most ultimates.

1 Like

I’ts kinda dumb to talk about Tank/Support pick rates, as there are only two or three characters in that role.

Did you just … use Hog to try to nerf Ana? :rofl:
Ok here is a fact OP :
Ana is VERY easy to kill unless you are masters+ , so she is not really a problem therefore her pickrates and winrates are NOT an issue.

The issue with Hog is that you need to devote A LOT in order to kill him because with little resources, he can get away with so much. He also has a OHKO combo so that puts him on a different league than Ana. Even more so with the lack of shields.

PS:

So you are saying that believing that NOT being bad is the same as being Awesome is “logical” ?
I dont know in which universe mate, not on this one for sure.

I start to have the feeling that those who claim that Ana is balanced live in a different world since years.

So if a character is used the most AND wins at a higher rate than most characters…

That’s not a problem to you and it should be ignored?

This “pick rate and win rate doesn’t determine balance” sht is just simply false.

Characters who are simply better than everyone else or overpowered WILL have higher pick rates and win rates.

2 Likes

most busted hero in overwatch history? did you even see brigitte on release? or sigma?

stop it. That makes sense and people dont like people who makes sense here. You should only collect data that supports your argument and thats it. Stop it.

I disagree.

She needs adjustments yes but not massiver nerfs lol

Let alone saying she is OP when it is literally one ability that gives her a huge edge over every other healer: aka ANTI NADE.

People who say she is the ony good support left haven’t played Mercy or Zen recetly I guess. Even Lucio works on certain maps now that Brig is trash.
Whiners are gonna whine I guess.

I agree Anti nade needs to go.

I mean… I’m okay with other supports being buffed back up to Ana’s level, but do you really think that’s going to happen? After Blizzard took the trouble to wreck every single one of them?

It will not happen soon but I feel at some point they will buff supports. How long until then I am not sure.

It could be tomorrow, until OW2 is released, or much much later.

If they want too, Blizzard will take the time to make them great again.

dude. the stats are literally irrelevant.

the reason hog is getting nerfed is because the hero single handedly makes the game a complete (insert multiple curse words) mess, by making it so main tanks are unplayable, which makes snipers broken. The game is comparable to team deathmatch currently.

Ana doesnt make the game team deathmatch.