If hero 29 is not a usual suspect

Me too. I even made a hero concept for Lynx!

Hero: Lynx 17

Havent figured out stats, just the basic kit:

LMB - Taser Gun / Basically a pea shooter with an electric theme (would need to be wireless of course)

RMB - Confoundment / Similar to Sombra’s Hack, but still lets the enemy use weapons and abilities. Reticle and cooldowns get removed from user display. Effect lasts for 5 seconds with a 10 second cooldown

E - Disruption Field / An enemy hero is targeted similarly as with Discord Orb. Enemy will be affected with some kind of energy pulse that after a 3 second delay deals 100 damage to allies within 5 meter radius of them (but won’t damage the initial affected enemy) . Enemies caught by the blast will similarly “detonate” after another 3 seconds. This secondary blasts do not apply the effect again. This ability is intended to break up clustered enemy teams and disrupt them without the use of CC.

Shift - Iris Link / You can link 3 allies. Any of these linked teammates will live longer, by distributing 50% of the damage they take across other Iris Linked teammates.

Ultimate - Us and Them / Lynx-17 sprouts 4 clones next to the 4 teammates that are the furthest away from him (if a teammate is dead, they sprout next to the corpse) They are an AI controlled minion that will behave randomly following your teammates and shooting at enemies. These clones don’t do damage. The purpose of this ability is to generate confusion amongst enemies. Of course a smart enemy will be able to spot the which is the real one, but hey, confusion is always welcome

2 Likes

That makes 3! I also made one. Honestly, I hope the next hero is a DPS hero. We haven’t got one in a while.

Name: Lynx-17
HP: 200 (150-HP/50-Shields)
Primary Fire: One-Handed pistol - 40 damage per shot, about 2 shots per second, 16 round clip. No spread with falloff.
Secondary Fire: Shock Dagger - Small dagger that swings twice per second and does 25 damage per swing plus 25 DOT over 2 seconds. The more you hit a target with the Shock Dagger, the longer the DOT lasts.
Shift: Electric Slide - Dash similar to Genji’s swift strike but he travels slightly slower (think of a speed boosted soldier sprint) and it is restricted to the ground. 35 damage on hit and a 25 dps DOT effect for 2 seconds. It stops on contact with an enemy. He can slightly change path he is taking with the slide
E: Overclock - Speeds up lynx to 6 mps (from 5.5) and boosts gun damage to 60 per shot and lasts 5 seconds.
Ultimate: Tether Shock - Creates a 35 meter radius where you can be tethered by Lynx (like an orisa supercharger) and it has a decreasing DPS the further you are from Lynx. 40-45 if point blank and decreases until 15 if at the end of the radius. Lynx gains 75 armor during his ult and it lasts 8 seconds.
Passive: Electric Presence - A continuous electric presence that extends 5 meters and does 15 dps. Certain effects vary in the presence. (Lynx wakes up from sleep quicker, if an ally walks into the electric presence with discord it will return to zen, bio-nade lasts half as long, if something or someone is hacked by an enemy sombra but in Lynxs’ presence, the hack will wear out twice the normal rate.)

1 Like

Ok! I edited my last post. Would love to see yours!

1 Like

Leonora isn’t a usual suspect, her speculation was 1 guy with a thread that went no where. You also missed Hamid Faisal, but he’s more likely gonna show up in 2019. Also Emre.

As for which of those “Usual Suspects” has a chance, it’s literally just the Queen and Meka. Sanjay or Lynx being hero 29 would be a big surprise.

Edited mine too, yours is pretty cool!

Does this make 4? :smiley:

Your passive for Lynx is especially damn cool btw :smiley:

3 Likes

Yes it does, I love the bunny ears radar.

2 Likes

Thanks yo, which weapon do you think is best? :smiley:

I like the stacking DoT on the dagger too btw!

Yours too! Very good work

In addition to the ones you mentioned:

• Hakim (Talon)
  • Dae-hyun
  • Mirembe (Overwatch)

Hakim has no relevance.

Dae-Hyun would be a poor addition when there are 4 pilots to choose from.

Mirembe (and Kimiko) are just basic soldiers that don’t have anything to set them apart. Just survivors of Widowmaker.

2 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought the archeologists thing in Petra was left at a dead end and needs some lore or characters to go with it.

2 Likes

pickaxe wielding archeologist please

Hope that person “Blaise” ends up being a hero called “Blaze”. It makes sense :stuck_out_tongue:

We got two expected heroes in a row (Brigitte and Hammond).

It’s probably time for Blizz to pull one out of a hat again, like they did with Moira and Orisa (and sorta Ana, since we all were expecting Sombra first).

My favorite weapon is the nano bots.

1 Like

Everyone I’ve asked has said a different one now I think xD the darts are my favourite personally, but I wanted to give options :smiley:

I saw something on Reddit that it could be the guy that Reaper killed in the cinematic. I’ll find the link tomorrow.

Yours too! I always love checking out hero concepts.

We will likely learn more about Hamid Faisal in 2019. But for 29, I doubt it.

That was a pretty silly theory where the entire basis was “These two unrelated characters both have metal in their body.” It doesn’t even make sense in context, because Antonio was the former leader of Talon that was shot in the face with a shotgun, while the other guy he was compared to is a former Overwatch agent as of Recall. There is literally no reason for the two to be the same character, and Antonio will very likely stay dead along with Vialli.