If hanzo is nerfed, Mccree and widow will be next, and so on and so forth, until DPS are useless again. DO NOT LET IT HAPPEN

mei became meta when 222 was introduced due to her ability to control a point of the map. it had nothing to due with “halt hook” because dva literally made it useless with DM during “mei-blade” Mei was used because of her ability to brawl so well in close range. the only use for meis wall that was defensive in the way you claim was using it to wall off narrow entrances, and keeping sniper sightlines blocked.

it had 0 to do with halt hook. because halt hook can go over the wall.

A slippery slope argument, in logic, critical thinking, political rhetoric, and caselaw in which a party asserts that a relatively small first step leads to a chain of related events culminating in some significant (usually negative) effect. The core of the slippery slope argument is that a specific decision under debate is likely to result in unintended consequences. The strength of such an argument depends on the warrant, i.e. whether or not one can demonstrate a process that leads to the significant effect. This type of argument is sometimes used as a form of fearmongering, in which the probable consequences of a given action are exaggerated in an attempt to scare the audience. The fallacious sense of “slippery slope” is often used synonymously with continuum fallacy, in that it ignores the possibility of middle ground and assumes a discrete transition from category A to category B. In a non-fallacious sense, including use as a legal principle, a middle-ground possibility is acknowledged, and reasoning is provided for the likelihood of the predicted outcome.

Yes, factually a Slippery Slope.

Uh, no, Mei was definitely brought in to block halt hook. You jam the wall in the enemy team’s face and it definitely blocks hook. This was done constantly in tournaments. It was all about dealing with Halt Hook for quite some time, arguably right up until Sigma was released.

You say this like people have not been complaining about Widow since the very beginning. When she finally gets nerfed in some meaningful way besides “oh, now she has to wait like 2 seconds more to use her grappling hook” then it will be a tremendous day indeed.

Seems most complaints about DPS are coming from DPS players. Just an observation

This is what you get, when you support role q.
enjoy.

Stick to making threads complaining about Baptiste, at least a few people on the forums will take you seriously then.

Hanzo is just broken, it needed Goats, Bunker and DB to stop him.
If he is not broken, then we should just buff every other DPS on the same power level

Widow is a problem because she ignores basic design principles - counterplay, dueling. outplaying. (If we take a look at high tier only a better Widow counters a good Widow

I want a game where it’s not either nothing or everything dies nearly instant. More room to actually play the game, small mistake so you don’t insta loose the teamfight, less stressful

you have to be a really sad person to go out of your way to try and insult someone because they have different views on a video game than you on a forum

the fact that you came here just to say that is really sad.

idk why you feel the need to do this, but I hope whatever it is doing this to you passes and you become a better person.

and just because you experience something doesn’t mean it’s a valid argument as the majority of the community isn’t affected by it.

2 Likes

If hanzo is nerfed, Mccree and widow will be next, and so on and so forth, until DPS are useless again. DO NOT LET IT HAPPEN

This entire post is a giant slippery slope fallacy.

Hanzo currently being the 4th most played hero in GM at 7.8%, the next dps being the 10th most played at 3.3%. Hanzo’s pick rate is beating the infamous buffed immovable Rein right now. Maybe people are saying Hanzo is good in every match up… because he is.

You assume I want DPS nerfs in a vacuum. I want everything nerfed. I want to kill the power creep that has infested this game. DPS just happen to be at the top of my naughty list right now.

Genji has not received any real changes for the last 2 years. Heck, he’s just been buffed a bit!

He’s garbage-tier because he’s totally overshadowed by other DPS.

Why must DPS mains always be such martyrs?

The next balance pass for 2-2-2 is going to be for DPS, and heroes like Hanzo are likely to see nerfs. This will happen regardless of what the forums say. The same will happen to supports after that, just like it already happened to tanks.

Just remember that when it happens, there’s no need to immediately blame Forum Hanzo or those evil support mains or whoever else you deem responsible.

McCree has no mobility and dies if you sneeze on him too hard. He doesn’t have the same level of burst or the escape privileges Widow and Hanzo have. They deserve to be gutted but leave the cowboy out of it.

First they came for Hanzo, and I said nothing …

no, it means being free kills unable to kill anything which is pretty much what dps were back in goats.

1 Like

It’s different. Hanzo and Widow are actually op and McCree is overtuned. The people who thought Tracer and Genji were op were those who thought that they should be able to 1v1 a dps easily as Mercy (this is an exaggeration). The biggest reason for not liking high sill heroes being meta (Tracer and Genji ) is the fact that most people hate the fact that they are either not good enough or don’t have the time to get good at these high skill heroes.

But, wait…

With all that out of the way.

Each rebuttal you type is full of veiled, and some not so veiled, sarcasm. I should remind you, as you have done many times, sarcasm is against the Forums Code of Conduct, under the “trolling” category, and you could be penalized for such behavior, you know, just an FYI :wink:

Throughout your criticism of GreyFalcon, you continually insinuate that they are not competent enough to establish valid reasoning as to how the game has changed, is changing, and will change in the future. Even though these comments aren’t directed towards me, I find it offensive as I have had many an intelligent and enlightening conversation with said individual. Insulting GreyFalcon is insulting those who agree and disagree with their statements.

In regards to your specific topic, your words bleed bias like you are running for office. If you want to do the footwork, I’m not doing it for you, the list of buffs and nerfs pertaining to the heroes in Overwatch will show you a net increase in Damage Dealer power and net decrease in Tank/Support power over the last 3 1/2 years.

After reading your body of work, my conclusion is that you are an enormous hypocrite, who when their opinion is challenged, attempts to invalidate the opposed opinion through force instead of simply doing your research and posing an applicable response. If it were up to me, and it’s not, you would be suspended from the forums for your continual violations of the Forum Code of Conduct in reference to just this thread. At this juncture, I feel as though I have undersold the value of my time just to respond to you, and I should leave it at that.

3 Likes

No, I really do care that I cant heal my god dam rein because some Hanzo just shredds his shield and then 50% of his health too.

I dont understand why someone would Nerf McCree. I really do find min balanced.
Doomfish? Yeah, kinda annoying and not the easierst dude to deal with but he is okay. Annying but okay.
Tracer is totally fine imo. She is super hard to play and can be useless pretty easily.

I really dont think of another DPS who needs to get looked at other than… Hanzo.