If Blizz decided one existing character was trans

Who do you think would be the best candidate? Or instead who do you think Blizzard would pick?

I’m going to say either D.Va, Mercy, Moira or Zarya. I don’t have any reasons thats just the candidates I think Blizzard would likely pick.

Lucio

Zarya and Moira are terrible choices, tbh

4 Likes

None, because Blizzard wouldn’t just “decide” a hero was trans - they would design the hero with that in mind.

24 Likes

Like they did with Soldier before they announced he was gay?

2 Likes

Soldier was gay from the start, so yes.

20 Likes

Soldier was gay in Reflections over 2 years before Bastet, when he was looking at a picture of him and Vincent. We just didn’t know that yet. But that scene from Bastet existed publically for two years.

14 Likes

Wait… Moira isn’t?

1 Like

Our world should be runned by peoplenwith your mind set

I think Pharah would be a nice addition. We’ve seen her younger self, but it would be super in-character for Ana to accept her as her daughter instead of her son at a young age, since Ana’s only real goal for Fareeha was to keep her out of Overwatch and out of their wars, and would probably be accepting of all of her other traits.

1 Like

Moira is androgynous, like David Bowie.

8 Likes

Is she even that? Usually, androgynous people can pass for either male or female. I don’t think anyone would ever confuse Moira for a man or consider that she might be one.

It is more obvious in her concept art than the final design. I believe they talked about it at Blizzcon 2017 when she was revealed, during the What’s Next panel.

“gay from the start” being a confirmation made over two years after his introduction.

That picture was, and in many ways still is, super ambiguous. I remember several people speculating that it was his son or Tracer in the picture, not his ex. It was just vague enough to give blizzard options for what it was.

To the op question; They should actually create, design and cast a character as trans from the start instead of deciding to add that to a already made character’s lore. Actually help give some real trans representation and help a trans actor.

5 Likes

People like to pretend that but he is white haired and the one beside him is super young. He is either into barely legal skinny kids or it was just made to fit.

And I am gay, before you try to play that card against me for thinking it was at least poorly written

1 Like

Roadhog is also missing his belly tattoo. Genji is writing his letter to Angela in Japanese. There are plently of errors in the art of that comic.

6 Likes

Moira looks more like a man than some of my trans friends. Depends on the skin though, some are obviously feminine.

Young Jack ion the Reflection picture is based on the in game skin, which the description says “a young Jack Morrison enlisted”… and on this skin, he has his white hair and scared face so it’s not surprising the art is wrong in reflection ^^

He’s not old, his hair is still young and blonde, but you can’t see because the picture is so small and also greyed out. The continuity is broken by having Morrison in his Strike Commander attire in Reflections, and his US army fatigues in Bastet, and honestly that’s more annoying. If Jack had grey hair in the Reflections photo, which might be a different photo since it breaks continuity if the are the same, it’s because he’s been Strike Commander for a good six years and has put up with six years of stress, thanks to covering for Gabe’s actions.

3 Likes

Moira is androgynous. (Not actually but yes)

Yes, that’s how foreshadowing works.

2 Likes