If bastion had an E ability what would it be. (Balance him)

an oil slick might be funny,

4 Likes

Bastion discovers his third transformation, a mini attack-helicopter

8 Likes

Probably some resistance buff or something. Similar to orisas shift but without the cc immunity.

Have ganymede attack enemies and disrupt their vision/deal slight damage.

Transforms into tank mode for 3 seconds considering blizzard likes to put ultimates on E nowadays.

My suggestion is to put his current ultimate on E and instead give him a new ultimate.

Maybe he could do with a transformers rollout animation for when he changes forms so he’s not so static when swapping between modes.

With the way the devs have been reworking?

Maybe a tank mode for a few seconds like what they did with Torb?

I’ve actually seen Bastion mains suggest this since before the Mercy rework. After all, his ult is really just a rocket launcher.

2 Likes

I actually had pretty much the same idea when I was thinking about this. I thought about Ganymede attaching to an enemy when he presses E on them. Then he attaches and just blocks vision. All their abilities will work, but for a few seconds they would be partially blind.

1 Like

How ablut a mini booster jet in turret mode, like a Hanzo leap, but after using it it he’s incapable of shooting for a second, but amplifies his healing received during it (including Repair)?

Make him harder to focus down without tanks babystitting him and increases survivability (more independant), but doesn’t buff him very much when babysttted by tanks?

Stupid random thing, but what if you reduced his spread and in return instead of reloading he has to hold e to slowly get back bullets while in sentry? And then flat out give recon a buff.

A fourth mode would be cool, but I can’t really think of anything they could implement.

That could be intersting… Seems like it would be roughly the same as a longer reload time. Although, I guess this way, you could hold E, get a couple of bullets, then fire them without having to fully reload…

Also, Bastion doesn’t really need anything to mobilize him, that’s his intended weakness after all.

I like the idea of allowing him to send Ganymede after targets kinda like Bastion’s own personal discord orb, but only Bastion gets the benefits from him.

A missile mortar. Only usable in robot mode.

Cooldown: 12 seconds
5 rockets arcing projectiles, that hit in a small area.
30 damage (15 direct 15 splash, 5m radius)

1 Like

If that is meant to be his weakness than what are people complaining about with him? He certainly doesn’t need more damage, when protected he easily does more damage than any other hero by far. Players want him to be able to kill from further away? I don’t see how that is a reasonable fix, then he will be uncontested.

camouflage: Not entirely invisible like Sombra, but he would blend in with the background for some sec so he is hard to see if you are not looking for him. He could ambush people who are pushing in and wouldn’t have to be behind a shield all the time.

He relearns his lost shield ability.

I suggest giving him a tank mode, but balance it out with his other transformations so that each one has pros and cons.

• the transforming animation from and to recon or sentry is 1.25x faster, so it’s slow but not as slow as before.
  • Each shot does 80 damage directly and 40 explosion but has the same knockback as before and he has a max ammo capacity of five shots with a 1.5 second reload
  • He has ironclad and has no critbox so in exchange he can’t heal himself, so he’s the most mobile and tanky form but can’t repair himself.
  • if he’s hacked he will quickly transform back into recon.

And we have to slightly buff recons strengths in order to make sure one is not better than the other.

• recon can now allow heal while shooting

So the pros and cons of each configuration:

1. Recon:
  • Pros: Bastion has the ability to move, has an accurate hitscan weapon that can crit, and can heal while moving and shooting.
  • Cons: the least powerful weapon, has a huge hitbox, no ironclad, and can be crit at all sides.
  1. Sentry:
  • Pros: Has ironclad, a hidden critbox, is immune to knockback, can heal, and has the highest dps weapon in the entire game.
  • Cons: You can’t move, has no melee, unable to crit with the rotary cannon, the spread is very wide making close range it’s best friend even though lack of mobility in close range is a death sentence, and you can’t heal while shooting.
  1. Tank mode:
  • Pros: more damage output than recon, explosive damage, rocket jumping (more vertical mobility), no crit box, and Ironclad.
  • Cons: Shells can’t crit, weapon is Projectile based attack which requires direct hits to be effective, has no melee, can’t heal itself, has the smallest clip out of all the configurations, and can’t transform quickly.

As for the new ult, I’ll let you decide what it is.

I believe this will give Bastion more utility and more of a place in the game by changing it’s gimmick from sit and shoot to a 3 in 1 character that can adapt to situations. It will be more interesting because the player can switch between multiple forms which I think is one of the coolest parts of Bastion, allowing the player to play as a shapeshifting robot.

1 Like