If Ana Fails...Again

honestly even just a slightly faster travel time would be nice, isn’t sleep slower than her projectiles? cause it feels that way, i haven’t played her that much lately so i’m kinda out of it…
that and her hitboxes are all so small but ok, i guess, high skill and all that…

still, i doubt this buff will make her more viable, just as how i feel that mercy nerf will not make her less picked :confused: meh.

in all honesty, idk what could help ana but i wish she was viable again, her and zen are the most fun healers imo.

she is not back.
i have said this in tons of other forums posts as well but people just don’t realize that as long as mercy has res as an ability, she will always, ALWAYS be more stronger than ana in every single way, PERIOD.
unless they REALLY overnerf mercy’s res and guardian angel.
but of course, do you think they’d ever do that?
you and I both wish they could, but of course they won’t.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t get those people saying "ANA IS BACK!!!"They’re freaking delusional IMO XD

2 Likes

Yeah you’re probably right on that one. I dunno, as the devs said Ana has a really really strong kit. But her weaknesses are so large you can’t expect her to shine in quite a lot of situations. If you have one flanker and a Dive tanks, that’s it you’re dead. Sustain would be the answer, I don’t want her to be unkillable, but delaying the inevitable and providing her a way to not get her health pool chipped at constantly would be a start.

There are quite a few people defending her current state. This nerf is justifiable and probably the right step, and people are crying and complaining about it.

Big typo oopsies. Nerf keeps changing to nerd :frowning:

1 Like

I’ve started using her more, she’s not top tier but she definitively in the top 5 most fun heroes to play.

Unfortunately, Ana will always excel depending on the map… she tends to do much better on maps with long sight lines.

Could be on allies as well yeah, but then 15hps would be a tad too much I think.

I’m not so sure, it would have built-in counter-play in the enemy team being able to go Ana and shut down the enemy Ana’s self-heal. This is a really good idea.

I’m starting to think passive heal would be a little broken now.

The issue with Ana is that she’s a lot harder to play than Mercy or the other supports. She brings a lot to the table that other supports simply cannot bring, it’s just harder to do anything with her.

1. She has the only anti-heal in the game
    I’ve been picking up Ana lately and it’s insane how much utility this has. You can easily make a Mercy irrelevant with a well placed bionade. It can counter ultimate abilities and even pick up kills. It can heal you and anti-heal the enemy team while also healing your allies.
    When I play Mercy there are many, many times I wish I could simply bionade myself to get the flanker off of me or to burst heal.

1. She has one of the best CC abilities in the game, perhaps even the best.
    Sleep dart is, in my opinion, easily one of the best abilities in the game. You can cancel ultimates, deny flankers, punish anyone out of position, or simply punish tanks for dropping shields.
    A well placed sleep can be the difference-maker in a team-fight.

1. She has both the most reliable long-range and burst healing
    If Ana is positioned well she can, often times, heal everyone regardless of how far away they are. I have, personally, been able to heal a Rein across the map only to immediately afterwards look behind me and heal Genji.
    No other support has this capability at this level.
    Ana also has the best burst healing in the game, in my opinion. Her shots give burst and, when combined with bionade, the burst can be insane. I’ve kept people alive in situations where, if I was any other support, they would be dead.

So it would be very, very easy to over-tune or even break her. If you think Mercy is a must-pick now, then imagine an Ana with lower cool-downs, self-heal, or a movement ability.

Ana is already very, very good. There just aren’t many people who have her as their best support. Yes, there are glaring weaknesses that should be looked at, but they need to be addressed with care.

With all heroes there is a line where on one side you are underpowered and on the other side you are overpowered. Some heroes can stay within the line pretty well and consistently (Reinhardt comes to mind). I think Ana is the hardest to keep balanced or “in the line” because of her insane utility.

I want something done too, don’t get me wrong, I just don’t want her to become more broken than post-rework pre-nerf Mercy.

2 Likes

Ana is a hero who is meant to be difficult to pick up but is good when mastered. Currently, her pickrate in GM is saw lower than it is in bronze and peaking mid rank.

Ana mains have been discussing what qol changes she needs and a sole survivability buff she needs. Most of us even state the weakness that would come with a mobility or self healing buff be it 1) mobility cancelled with damage or 2) healing that relies on healing allies which you can’t do when attacked.

She has the most weaknesses out of the support catagory that sleep dart is unable to make up for and that grenade is wasted on.

She doesn’t have a passive that she can count on to top herself off. She needs to use grenade twice on herself (once while fighting an attacker and once after) because otherwise the next time she’s attacked she’ll be below 200 or 100hp. Zen has shields, Moira can life steal, Brigetta has her self heal on attack, Lucio has his song, mercy has her regen. Ana requires a secondary healer.

She doesn’t have an ult she can pop to survive. Zen, Lucio, Moira, Brigetta, mercy can all up their own health of healing (or become invulnerable). Ana’s ult is solely for an ally.

She doesn’t have mobility to keep herself alive in a team fight. She wants to play in the back where she has to walk to or be unable to avoid anything in the fray. Mercy, Lucio, Moira, Brigetta all have a form of mobility to varying degrees (Moira becomes invulnerable and Brigetta has a shield as well)

She doesn’t have high dps like zen or even mercy; she has to use her entire kit to combo if the sleep lands and if grenade is on cd well too bad.

She doesn’t have low cds to rely on or easy stuns like Brigetta.

What we want is one weakness reduced and the best way without over powering her grenade/sleep dart or her damage is through a passive heal or slow vertical mobility.

PLUS qol.

Nano target range should be 200m

Grenade should go through full hp team mates and cannot hit a team member unless it is outside of her hitbox (prevent grenade ghosting)

Healing scoped shots should not have a tracer. It puts her at high risk for doing her job and forces her to lose her sniper position that she took the stairs for. (With a mobility buff she won’t need this)

Options to turn on or off shots/grenade going through full hp

Friendly Tanks (minus zarya and baby Dva) should have smaller hit box buffs. Also a percentage slider for tanks and the rest of the cast (current being max)

Her unscoped bullet size should be addressed. It is the smallest projectile in the game (almost hitscan) yet Bliz wouldn’t even acknowledge it.

1 Like

Again, all of this sounds amazing on paper but isn’t working as intended. Her weaknesses are destroying her positives. I’m not saying get rid of all but some got to go.

There is counterplay to anti nade as well. Sleep dart holds a big negative to it such has no thresh hold for damage instantly destroying its value.

The weakness that I would like reduced is self-sustain. Mobility can stay as weakness for her.

I would also prefer self sustain. Just mentioning the other big buff people seem to ask for Ana.

1 Like

I don’t see her having mobility but self-sustain makes sense and I believe every healer including future ones to have sustain. What is the other big buff people ask for? Because I mostly want reverts.

Damage back to 80 the nade lasting 5 seconds and 5mm but I definitely know that 100% healing boost for nade can never return.

You make it sound correct, and when most of your response is correct, Ana would be fine, if she was VIABLE and had competence vs. Mercy. See, a character is not fine if they are not even thought about in the starting screen. Mercy does mostly everything better than Ana. Ana could use:

Sleepdart (not much) but bigger hitbox
Give Fortify to the ultimate, because CC is becoming so prevalent. https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/8fsgla/a_different_ana_buff/
She should be able to Nano herself in whatever game.
Shorten her reload time.

I think that would be amazing to her kit.

1 Like

The theory of Ana hardly matches the reality of her. You’re posting best case scenarios as though it is commonplace.

Better numbers to use are those found on Overbuff. Compare her win rate and healing against other supports and depending on the bracket she’ll either be woeful or middle of the pack.

A person has to be extraordinarily good with her to get nominal numbers. In all practical sense she’s not that great, mate.

They keep doing a Shell game with her and buff all the wrong parts. We get that she’s a no mobility / low self heal hero but she’s also a weak self defense hero too; and that’s what’s killing her.

If they fix that then she should have enough presence in a game to be on par with the others. As is without a fully committed team to keep her separately healed and body guarded you’re better off using another support.

Ana’s a support who needs support. Without that you’re not going to get what you hope for from her. That’s the reality.

3 Likes

I mostly agree. My post said as much too.
The point of listing her positives like that was to show how much of a pain it must be to balance Ana.

One little thing could cause her to be OP in my opinion. that’s what I was trying to illustrate.

1 Like

Exactly I hate hearing all these so called great amazing things Ana can do. Because people keep using it but the evidence shows she bad.

It’s like people want Ana to stay bad (Not saying you Composedjam). So they say these amazing things she can do when in reality it doesn’t go down like that in game.

1 Like

You may find this hard to believe, but I didn’t realize how easy it was to interpret my earlier post as an example of this.
It wasn’t, clearly, but it could easily be seen that way.