Idea for role Q without forcing 2-2-2

I like to call my idea “Mirror matchmaking”

What is that?
Lets say that you feel like playing tank tor the next match, and you select so from the screen menu .
In the waiting lobby , other 11 people are waiting to get in a match: 5 tanks, 4 healers and 2 dps mains.
How will the match making make the teams? In this case , we will have a 1-3-2 vs a 1-3-2!

No meta is forced, fixes the 1tricks problem, and you wont experience the frustration of getting in a team full of DPS mains while the other team has a sexy 2-2-2 or 0-3-3 without swapping!

And just to be clear, players should not be able to swap roles in case they happen to get in a 4-0-2 team or whatever.
Because the enemy team will also be a 4-0-2. If you lose, it will be purely because you got outskilled!
And honestly if you never tried and won in comp a 0-0-6 vs a 0-0-6 , you’re missing out hardtime!
But i do believe that LFG and the Q we have right now should remain as an option.

I thought of that. The problem is that it fractions the player population too much.

Well the game really needs a fix for matchmaking, and if this Q is successful, we could get rid of current the Q

But, you do bring up a good idea.

You could have it so that the default is 2Flex-2Tank-2Heal, then there is a vote at the beginning of the round if they would like to change it to something else.

Then do a randomized sequencial Role Pick.

Although that just feels like too much complexity.

I like my RoleQueue idea better :slight_smile:

✅ [Role Select] Finalizing this concept

2Flex-2Tank-2Heal covers every composition besides SoloTank or SoloHeal. And a vote to unlock roles with either 3-4 votes would show that teammates trust each other enough to run a single player for an entire Role.

i dont see that turning out very well, your idea is quite unnecesarilly complex…

It’s actually very simple if you reduced it to mandatory 2Flex-2Heal-2Tank as the only option, although the vote to unlock would probably need to be 3 instead of 4.

Mostly got the complexity in there to make it so people don’t freak out from taking their 6Flex away.

And the yellow one is just an extra LFG button.