Idea for Pharah ult fix

Hi,

Simple fix.

Jumpjet cancels barrage.
Barrage resets Jumpjet’s cooldown.

This would let you do strategic flanks and cancel once the element of surprise is gone. Makes it less of a suicide ult.

Thoughts?

I’ve definitely heard the idea of canceling Ults with abilities, but never the idea that an Ult would also refill an ability.

Interesting.

This might be something all “Channeled Ults” should have.

No other heroes have ults that hurt them to remain active with the exception of maybe reaper. Him being able to wraith form mid death-blossom could be helpful. Especially if wraith form was reset by death-blossom, he could wraith in, DIE! DIE! DIE! and then wraith out.

Another potential byproduct could be that Genji deflecting cancels dragon blade.
He can cancel his deflect early and deflect mid dragon blade. This makes his ult extremely hard to predict and one of the reasons he can use it so freely in an engagement. Making the choice to switch back to defence should have the consequence of forfeiting the remainder of your blade.

Just a thought.

1 Like

I’m kinda okay with taking selfdamage from the Ult, but it would be nice to be able to move around a little bit in the era of triple sniper.

𓂀 Pharah ideas thread

McCree, and his Ult is considered just as bad. It’s funny, it’s almost if being completely immobile during your super attack that takes several seconds to get to full strength somehow puts you in a position of weakness, AND cancels the super attack if you die unlike some others (Junkrat) who is in similar place strength wise as these two lol.

High noon reloads McCrees gun

High Noon

All channeled ults (except the ones that give immunity) are like this, what are you talking about?

McCree can cancel it by firing early. He also doesn’t have to be relatively as close as or exposed. He also wont explode if a pops it near a wall. I am not saying it doesn’t have drawbacks. Its just not an instant suicide button.

1 Like