Idea for D.Va rework

So, i don’t really know how many of you would agree with me, but i think D.Va could definitely be handled differently. I had a discussion with a couple friends, and i think I’ve come up with a better concept for D.Va that would be a lot more engaging to play.

So the main concept behind this proposed rework would be to allow players to take advantage of her honestly pretty good light gun should they choose to make themselves vulnerable for this. I also think that her current weapon is pretty lackluster, doesn’t have a lot of strategy to it. I think what i’ve proposed as a replacement would fit her as a tank a lot better. Having an attack that rewards effectiveness over time is something that could be used more strategically than just a consistent stream of pretty mediocre, inaccurate fire.

So here are the changes i am proposing for this rework:

Primary Fire:

• Now fires missiles similar to Micro Missiles
  • Not automatic. Fires when you release the attack button
  • Charges up. Fires one missile when tapped, fires a barrage when fully charged.
  • Amount of missiles to fire could be indicated on-screen as they’re being charged

-Micro Missiles:

• this ability should be removed as my proposed primary fire would be better

-Defense Matrix:

• I don’t think anything should be changed about this unless it’s balancing to work with the other changes

-Call Mech ( This is where things get interesting)

• Allow her to eject from her mech at will similarly to how she does when she uses her Ultimate.
    -When D.va is not in her mech, her mech’s health is displayed as a secondary health bar, similar to Reinhardt’s barrier. her mech will slowly heal while she is not in it. When she leaves the mech, it will be sent away similar to how she calls in a new one. The mech heals extra when she does damage while outside it.
  • If her mech is destroyed, she has to wait until it’s fully healed to call it back. If she chooses to leave the mech, she can call it back after a short delay and use it with whatever health it had beforehand plus whatever healing it got while it was put away.

Boosters:

• Runs on a fuel tank like Pharah, allowing the ability to be stopped and started without delay. Maximum length of this boost should remain the same. Ability should not be usable unless there is a small amount of the fuel available to prevent tapping it while empty

While not in mech:

• She should be given a basic mobility ability. Something that adds a small burst of horizontal movement would be decent. The point would be to make her a bit more effective while outside of her mech. The entire basis of this rework concept is to allow and encourage the use of both her mech and non-mech forms.

EDIT: Alternatively, the primary fire i suggested could replace her current micro missiles

Please let me know what you think of my idea, and if you have any specific comments on it, i’d love to hear it.

6 Likes

Dva is balanced do not touch her, she’s been through so many changes enough

25 Likes

she’s balanced but she plays lame and awkwardly

2 Likes

I disagree with that. I love the current way D.Va plays. She’s both balanced and fun.

7 Likes

Once I got used to the MM addition I really liked the new play style. I think the way it is is very engaging and requires a lot of on the fly decisions that I find really fun.

1 Like

Yeah, when it comes to the concept of reworking D.Va, this is my reaction.

https://i.imgur.com/wqMWK7z.gif

Lets not rework every single character into pseudo dps flankers.

I don’t see how she’s not already a flanker. Her damage is just really disappointing and her ability to play out of mech is being under-utilized. I think the missiles are too simple and have a low ceiling of effectiveness. Giving the missiles a charge rather than a delay would allow them to be used more creatively, rather than just using it whenever there’s enemies in front of you.

No D.Va’s had lots of re-works already (3 I believe) and other heroes need it more.

1 Like

No. I’m sick of reworks.

3 Likes

That idea of call mech for healing, would make Dva a self sustain healer. Not like it.

I think you have been playing too much Titanfall lately…

1 Like

I still dream about D.Va’s rockets be like E.M.E.T.'s rockets from Evolve. He fires a dart and with a little delay rockets with auto-aim fires from him and follow that dart. So she could focus on primary fire only. Also it would allow to work on two targets simultaneously or make a retreat easier.

!!!D.Va is NOT balanced!!!

…because she needs Hana/Baby D.Va emotes!

2 Likes

I think it’s fun, maybe in another life or for another mech hero?

Maybe her mech and normal health could always be handled separately. When she’s healed, it could either heal both her normal and mech health bars at the same time, or perhaps the mech could have its own passive healing that gets boosted by using defense matrix.

But that will be unbalanced, she will has 3 lives.

No she won’t. She’ll have her regular healthbar and a mech healthbar. When she is in the mech, the mech healthbar takes damage, otherwise her normal healthbar takes damage. when the mech is destroyed, she has to wait for it to full heal before she can call it again. If she leaves the mech on her own, she has to wait a short delay before she can get it back, at which point the mech will have nearly the same health it had when she left it. When she’s not in the mech, it will slowly heal on it’s own, but it would take like 30 seconds for it to heal all the way unless she’s doing a lot of damage. Her real health wouldn’t heal if she entered or left the mech.

If she really wants to get more HP, give her season 3 HP.

This, all this, why does she only have one emote, I want to sit as hana and play a game boy or something, I want her to still laugh in ^O^, I want her to jump around with bunny hop, I want heroic to be something else and her current emote to be hana heartbreaker I want her to do a little dance in party time, I want her to Bow with Bow, I want her to dance with dance, don’t just give us endless heartbreaker regardless of emote