I would rather a CC get the beta than some random player

…unless that random player is me ofc.

What good does it do me if anyone in this thread (other than me) gets beta access? At least if a CC gets the beta, there will be more content for me to watch.

18 Likes

I rather a random player get the beta than some CC.

Didn’t know people watched overwatch videos unironically for the last 4 years.

24 Likes

Can’t say I disagree, I don’t even know if there’s gonna be servers where I play. Beta would be near useless to me if that’s the case.

3 Likes

Blizzard aren’t the only ones focusing on & engaging with CCs - most other game devs do this and many have done it much better than Blizzard have. e.g. Apex wouldn’t be nearly as relevant now were it not for EA throwing cash at literally every streamer to play the game at launch.

Game devs want to show off their game. To the complainers, how are they going to market their game effectively by giving it solely to a bunch of timmys?

5 Likes

Its pretty embarrassing to say you play Overwatch, while its cool to say you play Apex Legends.

Especially how no one cares about Overwatch esports and how they censor players.

2 Likes

I care about Overwatch esports.

1 Like

Well hey, if I get in, I’ll be sure to post about it in these forums so there. I’m not expecting to get in and if there’s an NDA, I’m not falling on my sword for you guys, sorry.

2 Likes

It’s the opposite for me. If someone plays Overwatch I think that’s dope. If someone mainly plays Apex/Fortnite I cringe a little bit. They’re just like everyone else & their grandma & nephews

1 Like

Thats literally because overwatch became a who franchise. Its like saying you play world of warcraft after final fantasy 14.

Also apex actually has a skill filter unlike overwatch and fortnite.

1 Like

I don’t believe it’s an if/not type scenario. They’re simply adding access for CC that want in… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the main issue is exclusive access is a bribe. The threat of with holding such access is the stick. Even if nothing else ever exchanges hands it’s enough to taint the views of any CC who plays the beta. It has imo destroyed the movie critic industry and done great harm to the video game one as well.

Basically any reviewer main stream enough to get invites from a company can’t be trusted any more to do anything but spew the most vague and positive words possible. Much like IGN would never give a game less than 7 for years from a major publisher…

So CC getting access might let you see more content early, but it’s highly unlikely they will sing anything but the highest praises for the game and give Blizzard the impression every thing is fine, even if it’s not.

3 Likes

As unironically as the people that continue to play a game they preach to be dead for the last 4 years.

3 Likes

And they’ll just say how amazing the beta is, has absolutely zero flaws and Tracer is not running circles around supports at all.

5 Likes

Im not sure they are exclusive tho? Have they said the slots are limited or something?

1 Like

Truth Streamer’s get paid to lie as there under contract vs as real person who has no strings to say what they please, plus streaming is ruining video games.

4 Likes

Is there a reason for thinking this? Or are you just saying that to disagree.

That’s not the case though. In fact, I think most viewers like seeing CC’s get mad or complain or things like that. It gets them more views. (at least I think).

It will be interesting to see if that’s the case, nonetheless.

I would prefer if they would give beta slots to CCs who actually review the game and do not only sugar coat everything and some that are high ranked (for their experience) but also some who are lower ranks (to see their point of view).

Otherwise i would recommend them to make mure more spaces avaliable for the normal playerbase since we are the majority of their future customers and usually we provide an actual review without being scared of Blizzard not liking us anymore.

1 Like

Nah, nothing’s been announced on this front. This whole thing’s all just people complaining about not getting into beta before it’s actually happened. They’ve got to stay ahead of the game, I suppose.

Well, is it that hard to be happy for a fellow player that got the chance to access the beta ?

Well, personally I don’t like watching a new game before I get my hands on it first. But I agree that OW 2.0 is not really what we could call “a new game” per se, it’s something in between.

Streams are only interesting once you know the game well, in my opinion. Plus, random players can still stream the game for you on Discord, if you ask them politely and it helps the community bond for once (instead of constantly arguing over the same posts) :slight_smile: !

Where are you from if I may ask ? You’ve indirectly triggered my curiosity :slight_smile: !