I would love the old OWL skins back

The old ones like LA Valiant Green/Gold and Florida Mayhem Red/Yellow

4 Likes

yes. GG イージー クラップ

They did give a good heads up that once they’re gone they’re gone. Sorry to say but it’s kinda on you if you didn’t get them when they were still available.

2 Likes

I miss the green color scheme so much.

And i don’t like the current Valiant

3 Likes

Yes please. The new color scheme is downright awful. Plus there are like 8 Blue teams and 0 green teams?

3 Likes

That’s like asking a sports team to switch back to an old logo and colors. It’s not going to happen.

Or they weren’t playing back then which makes them impossible to earn. I guess their b for not being invested in OWL back then and ready to drop cash in that 2 week period or whatever it was. Very pragmatic you and this company are. I am sure they made more money in those 2 weeks that they would have made over 2 years. Totally. Ha ha ha.

Are you aware that teams have switched to old colors in sports as throwbacks

Yeah for special events, then they go back to the usual colors.

Actually it happens quite often in pro sports. But not for teams early in their development, which would be all of the OWL teams.

As a matter of personal opinion, Blizzard didn’t really. There were a handful of tweet on official channels for the respective teams but the news was really obscure. I worked like crazy myself here on the forums warning the community that it was happening, but I don’t work for Blizzard of course.

3 Likes

I (and many others, i’m sure) appreciate the efforts you put in to try and keep everyone up-to-date about the latest stuff.

But honestly… These sort of things are tasks i feel the devs themselves should be responsible for.

But considering the massive lay-offs from awhile ago, plus the recent controversial news… Can’t really demand that of them as of now.

Biggest downfall of OWL. Complete lack of color variety has me so disinterested. How many teams are blue + red and/or yellow? Then you have the solid blue teams… ugh. Closest thing we have to green now is the occasional Contenders skin or Outlaws, but neither is the primary focus nor has the gold accent like old Valiant. Such a shame.
Don’t get me wrong, I love blue, but it feels like half the team roster is blue!

3 Likes

I guess they could bring them back in the OWL special events. I just wonder why they haven’t sell both the 2018 and 2020 version side by side? We can choose the skins which we want to support the teams :frowning:. Hope that they will consider to bring the original ones beside Legendary skins back.

I miss seeing the McDonalds Florida Mayhem colours.