I was right about OW2

Space followed it up with “there’s a lot more action and things are constantly happening, it’s way faster paced”, which is what he meant by “it’s like COD”. Overwatch is very slow sometimes, and it can get stalled out with very defensive comps–Overwatch 2 is trying to break that up and encourage people to press W for a change.

Since people largely don’t understand that playing aggro is the ideal way to play Overwatch, the design changes are meant to guide players into that mindset. MMO healers will have to find something else to play.

3 Likes

:grimacing:

I’m sorry you can’t understand that being close to a certain subject, also with no actual education besides trying to win would be a biased opinion on the game.

This

People that think OW2 is being turned into COD pick the quote that fits their narrative and leave out the rest.

OW2 is NOTHING like COD.

3 Likes

Actually since I am the one that decides what to do with my spare time, it is all about me. If I don’t have fun playing the game, I won’t play the game. What other people like or do not like has absolutely zero effect on what I choose to do with my time.

2 Likes

Except I play overwatch because it doesn’t feel like those games. So why would I want it to feel more like them?

If I wanted it to feel more like those games, I would just play those games instead.

2 Likes

Forum is again very negative. I for one also welcome the changes.

THIS is the exact reason what is the problem currently. And they will change it if you people like it or not. I think OW2 will be a lot better to play and I say that as a support/tank player. OW is so team dependent is laughable. You and 4 other can play superb but if Tom dont want to cooperate with Kevin its a lost cause.

And for that one here: it will not come CoD it will be MORE like it aka adapt some elements. This is not a bad thing. OW2 will still be a teambased hero shooter with objectives. Just more fluid and less frustrating. I can say that OW2 will be unbalanced AF like OW1 was at launch but after 6 months or so I think we will be at a good level. I for one cant wait for OW2.

For the people that done like it: go home. Its over. If you can deal with that its over. OW1 is done. Hard to think but I welcome it.

2 Likes

Who says it will be crappy? i think it looks like a good version of OW to me. They want to bring in new players, you dont do that by keeping things the same.

COd hasnt had to make big changes to stay popular, OW does

1 Like

take in account that these people are using CoD as a negative thing that they haven’t tried in their life nor do they even understand, all they know is that they have to aim and well… that’s just impossible it seems

2 Likes

Okay I’m just gonna say what no one else will… Overwatch HAS BEEN deathmatch… like seriously how many games do you see where your team or the enemy just flat out will fight tooth and nail then a cheeky sombra sneaks by and pushes the payload to the next point… and why is this? because everyone in OW right now scream " AH! KILL THEM!" lol

3 Likes

The concept you like failed. Noone wants to play it. which is why the game is dead and you can’t play DPS. Blizz has to adapt it… Besides it is deathmatch already in QP

2 Likes

???

What does that have to do with them updating OW to OW2? Absolutely nothing.

If you think OW2 looked anything like the game pre-goats you are wrong, lol.

^

1000000000% true and real.

Also 1000000000000% true and real.

Also on a side note, can we all take time to recognize how Space is easily the hottest OWL player?

2 Likes

I wanted ow2 to shift to a little bit more tdm.
i.e. reward individual expression, apm/aim/micro,
and “teamplay” meaning every1 does their job across lanes/flanks
agency to pick and cycle, without always regrouping. less waiting for clunk more on-demand carry.

we dont wanted “forced teamplay” meaning let’s blindly clump up and I can healbot u and u can shieldbot me and others can spam dmg until we all-in with ults. we need to move away from those 222 scripts.

but with sombra
they missed a huge chance to make her an offsup.
she’s basically a total assassin dps now with really strong hack utility.
it doesn’t seem like a very “creative” rework given the amount of time they had. they basically just min/maxed her existing kit into the dps slot where dps slot means dmg+gimmick.

let’s hope they load-balance the roster better (sym as offsup, mei as offtank??), otherwise 122 lockdown will be just as supply/demand mismatched as 222.

2 Likes

It’s pretty clear that the game has been moving in this direction for a while now.

The casual audience that first were attracted to this game have been pushed away in favor of e-sports competitive fps action. The devs tried to find a balance between those to dynamics but couldn’t achieve it.

So what are they doing? Making PvP Overwatch even more fps-like for the more hard core competitive players and the PvP will continue to be designed around pro-play in the hopes of growing OWL.

The devs not wanting to leave the casuals behind and get those who left back, they are making Overwatch 2 PvE.

2 Likes

It has to do with whether or not I like how they are updating. Which is the only thing I am commenting about. Am I not allowed to share my opinion because it isn’t in line with the supposed majority?

well in ow2 they get their chance because of the PvE vs. PvP separation.

there will be a lot more wow-like raiding (if you believe the pve hype and why we waited 5+ years). talent trees, skill unlocks, progression, and some cross-kit homogenization (every hero u rpg can spec for raw xyz vs. high apm carry).

so to me that means the ppl “pushed out” of high octane fast-mobil pvp will still have something to fall back on. challenge mode hard mode achievement unlock PvE, which won’t be for total slouches. ofc top pvp players will burn through that content anyway because of gaming skill.

i’m completely fine with ‘faster’ ow2 pvp, but i don’t want it to be completely aim-elistist. fast apm and complex decision making, good geometry/map control, tempo, awareness, etc. should all scale

and hopefully better than how they scale right now in clumped teamfight 222 where bozzos healbot gold rank and couldn’t live 1 day in bottom 500 open 141 because multiple simultaneous 1shot mechanics are OpPrEsSiVe

Not sure if the majority even like OW2 updates, it’s been a big 50/50 back and forth from what I’ve read.

You just said it’s all about you, and I was simply pointing out that threatening not to play the game is not a good way to voice your opinion.

Stick to the facts of what you like and don’t like, Blizzard is too high level to care about people just threatening to quit at an individual level.

True.

These two things are mutually exclusive

Threatening? It’s a statement of fact. If it isn’t something I like I’m not going to buy it. Not a stretch.

2 Likes