I was ranked way higher than I deserve in open queue seasons 1 and 2

This will happen if you do SR/MMR reset, it is season 3 open queue and it is still complete chaos in ranks.

1 Like

Indeed. I totally agree. Hence, my earlier veiled comment which you caught. =)
(Thanks for the +1)

At this point in the game’s lifespan, a total MMR / SR reset would not really benefit the game from a holistic point of view.

I have played in QPC games whereby i was the lowest SR (Bronze) and level against Platinum and Diamond-tiered players. It was mad crazy for this old man to keep up with those players and something i do not wish to do on a regular basis. I just want to relax and frag.

2 Likes

i also placed and climbed way higher than on role queue/old competetive ever. i hit masters this night (on my alt shampoopoo), about 200 sr above my alltime high on both accounts. normally i struggle to stay in diamond even.

then again, match quality has been waaay better and matches easier. so i also cant say that its just like plat in role queue. maybe its because i am a flexible player who can cover all roles at about the same level. also maybe i just got lucky and average match quality isnt better, but so far (about 30, maybe even 50 games in both open queue seasons combined) it feels way better and probably is my preferred way of queueing.

since quite a while i felt like role queue actually didnt fix the most prevalent issues of competetive, being tilt, onesided games, players coaching others mid game unasked, people not being on the same page or lack of synergy between heroes. also, role queue adds problems like not being able to swap between roles if for some reason that could be a good idea (which often it is, bc of one enemy poppin off super hard, not being countered or contested). and generally things like flaming between roles (dps trash, heal trash, tanks trash… etc). i feel like open queue is a more organic and original way of playing overwatch and a way for an individual, flexible player to shine.