I was plat 4, not gold 4

So I was plat 4 before I played my last match, and I won the match and I knew I was gonna rank up. But then when I see the rank up thing, it shows that I went from gold 4 to gold 2…? Like what? I am so mad about that…I was trying so hard to get back to diamond, but because of a stupid bug I wont be able to most likely…

19 Likes

Same here, my friend. Was plat 4 and after rank up game showed me my rank as gold 4 up to gold 1. #notbrokengame

4 Likes

Mine did the same. Gold5 before game won 5 in a row and ranked up from silver 3 to silver 1…. But I was gold 5 before I won my last rank up on heals… did anyone ever answer on this issue and will it be fixed? I works so hard to get from bronze5 to gold5……

2 Likes

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s a ton of posts under my thread about players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. If you can, could you record your bugged rank adjustment, making sure that at some point in the video it shows your pre-adjustment rank, either from the queue menu or the career profile, and link that video to the thread? Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

How would one do that if it has already happened and we are not a streamer? Also is this just a bad luck situation and we will not get the sr back? I’d be ok with that for heals but if it happens on dps it’s gonna make me stop playing the game… lol

1 Like

Same thing has been happening to me the past few times i should be ranking up in support. i was gold 5 and it keeps saying i was silver 5.

1 Like

Shouldn’t Blizzards have account ranks and account changes recorded? If not, how should we record a video of this moment? I don’t know time travel magic yet for such shenanigans :C

1 Like

Any screen recording software works. If you’re on PC, you likely have access to either Xbox Screen Capture or Nvidia ShadowPlay which are most common, but you could also use OBS or something. We have no idea if Blizzard records that kind of data given its a bug, but I wouldn’t count on them being able to. The only way to get this screen again is to just play more competitive and rerank. From what I can tell, this rank cap is account persistent, so it should be feasible to replicate the bug.

Just a thought out loud, even if Blizzard fixes the problem, we won’t get the old rank or some kind of boost to the current one just like that. After all, as is usually the case in ranked games, they will write that “we are very sorry and although we have fixed the problem, we have no right to influence the rank”, that is, all our work will go to zero and MB will give us some useless game currency. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

You dropped from plat 4 to gold 1. Your rank is correct, the animation is just bugged.

You dropped from Plat 4 to gold 2, the animation is just bugged. Instead of going straight from Plat 4 down to gold 2, it drops the rank down first and then moves you back up the tiers.

You can derank after 5 wins, you wont always go up.

It turns out that I fell 2 ranks down? I had 5 to 12 w/l. I had a similar situation before, but like 5 to 10 w/l and I was raised by 1 rank from platinum 5 to platinum 4. Where is the logic?

It’s not as simple as wins vs losses. Your performance in those matches that you win or lose as well as the average MMR vs your MMR plays a huge role in how much you go up or down.

You can go 5W/6L and drop in rank, you can also go 5W/8L and go up in rank.

Performance relative to whom in a match? My team or enemy? In terms of if the whole team goes afk and only I play, will it be a big plus for me or a small one for losing? I don’t really understand all these MMR…

The expected performance at your MMR rating vs the expected performance of the others at their MMR.

If the enemy teams average MMR is lower than yours and they absolutely roll you and you feed, you might drop a bit lower than if their MMR was much higher than yours.

So no matter how well I play, if my team doesn’t do anything and we lose to a team with a low MMR, then there will be a big minus… some stupid system. But ok, thanks for explaining.

No.

If you play against a team that has lower MMR than you and perform as expected and play well you won’t lose much even if your team loses. However you might get punished more severely if you lose against that same team AND you perform really poorly.

Performing well and trying to be consistent is more important than your wins vs losses. If you end up with a ± 50% winrate but you perform better than expected based on your MMR you should naturally climb, and fairly quickly too.

“press x to doubt”. Even if it true :smiley:

I am 100% sure this is a bug. My performance has been good so it doesnt make sense to me that I would derank.

2 Likes

Same here, I was Platinum 3 and after ranking 5 games, I got the animations from gold 3 to gold 1. Being normally at diamond 5. I’m always top healer if not MVP. This is getting too strange.

1 Like

/thread hop

If you go down a tier, the game displays the lower-tier badge but the correct number. (Like, if you drop from plat to gold, the “start” and “end” badges will both be gold.) So you dropped down from plat 4 to gold 2, but the interface made it look like you ranked up from gold 4 to gold 2.

1 Like