I want to hear from the Mercy haters themselves

Yep.

She was half the reason Ana was F tier for 8 seasons, so yea.

Not her current kit, but all the preious iterations? Oh absolutely.

Kind of? I think she’s still a very consistant healer in lower ranks.

Yeah You’re right I apologi for calling people stupid.
I just find it increedibely baffling that anyone would want to arbitrarily reduce the number of playable healers on the basis of “Simplicity”

So… What makes TF2 Medi with the medi-gun more complicated. I’m asking this genuinely because aside from proper usage of the Ubercharge and the dangers of losing it upon death I don’t recall anything in Medic that made him more complicated then Mercy, Mercy flowed a lot better for me personally because of her kit

Maybe this is something you should makes separate thread about?
You do have a lot to converse about but I’m trying to keep this thread on track, sir.
Or ma’am idk

Crit healing is random (or boosted by other sources usually another medic) and Overhealing… I’ll take my Guardian Angel mobility to play cat and mouse with a Tracer over that any day

Not everyone hates mercy…

I think you’ll find they hate Rez and Rez is tied to mercy hence the ‘hating mercy’.

I think Mercy is fine right now, if we’re talking from a balance perspective.
If we’re talking about the game from a ‘how fun is it?’ perspective, she is god awful boring.

I wouldn’t mind if they change Mercy to make her more fun, but I’m awfully scared that they will change her and she becomes meta for another year. Not fun for the rest of us and extremely unhealthy for the game if it happens again.

I’d take that in the Mercy 3.0 rework as long as Mercy has Rez tied to the Q button again (not mass res persay but if Blizzard agree’s it should stay then being behind an ult is the easiest way to balance.) and Overhealing might be a good way to bring her back up (since we know Mercy can’t stand on an Ult alone even with 60 HPS)
I’m more inclined for an Anti-CC shield on a 10 Ish second cooldown given how out of hand we’ve gotten with Doomfist and Brigitte But Overhealing sounds like a good second

Scared of looking like more of a rip off then they already looked like, I mean the meme of Mercy being the Medic was already very real.
Shame they weren’t smart enough to throw that idea to the wolves regardless but whatever, blizz does dumb things sometimes just like any company

1 Like

I think that plays a part in my opinion on her current state, yes. I don’t disagree that every hero should be balanced, but there are heroes that are far worse off than her and have been for the small amount of time Mercy has been supposedly ‘unplayable’. Which I also disagree with.

No, but if I was a Sombra or Roadhog main I would be annoyed that Mercy threads fill up the forums acting as if she’s been in a terrible state for years.

Some changes wouldn’t be bad, but nothing for me to complain over. I think it’s fine.

Mostly. Some changes I wouldn’t mind, but I’d rather Blizzard put other heroes first over Mercy because she’s just come out of not being meta.

Anti-CC is a niche that needs filling I think, but it should be an AoE emanating from Mercy herself deal rather than a targettable if you ask me. Otherwise you can just put it on Tracer and have her just walk up to and oneclip Brigitte. And people won’t be happy about that.

At least with the AoE centering around Mercy she has to put herself in danger to grant that to dive heroes. While it’s more likely to be applied on the heroes that need it most (the tanks).

I don’t think AOE resistance is a good idea
I think giving Mercy the ability and giving it melee requirements of some kind is best (I’ve suggested it last for 1 seconds and be a buff to her beam while active)

That might work, I think. AoE resistance has its own issues but I didn’t even think to link it to the staff. I thought you were talking about something like a Zarya bubble or a Zen orb.

Huh, this thread is actually nice… people are giving their 2 cents on the character, there is no “ur opinion is wrong!!” Or “what u feel is subjective!!!” And long passive aggressive remarks.

Good job y’all

1 Like

Shines bright light into the shadows

Well that wa an initial idea but I later opted to try something a bit more risky to impliment on more CC reliant heroes. Hence the reworked E I try to present now
Biotic Shield 8 - 12 second cooldown with 1 - 2 second duration, Merc’s beam targets are cleansed and immune to all negative status effects while the beam is one them dor the duration (also deabbling in adding some damage resistance if this turns out to be UP)

I don’t think this is a good idea. How would you stop an ultimate like Dragonblade then?

Wait it out, My suggestion is something that would only last for a maximum of 2 seconds with a proposed range of balance going down to 1 second
Plus Mercy herself can be attacked to remove the buff
The effect itself wouldn’t be that different from a Zarya Bubble and the things that are different would be weaker

I honestly am fine with her after the 50HPS nerf.
i was a mercy hater from the day i bought the game, right now it’s finally a time when i can be at peace with the moth.

As OP has stated many times, you should take this discussion somewhere else in a new thread and not here:

It’s distracting from other opinions, thank you.

Also thank you to those who have been following along and allowing others to post in peace.

2 Likes