I thought you could leave freely in QP during Assemble

But I get a warning that says if I leave during Assembly I will get punished?

???

1 Like

no god forbid something comes up irl. how dare you try to leave a qp game 2024.

5 Likes

So can we not or what? This forum was alight with this subject but no one wants to talk about specifics.

yuo have 1000 posts in this forum but dont know you get penalty for leaving qp? what?

Yes but was under the impression if you left during Assembly Your Heroes phases and not Prepare to Attack/Defend there is no penalty.

It seems as though they changed that recently. You used to be able to leave during the assemble the team phase, but I got that warning over the weekend as well.

So much for flex queueing and then quitting when I get tank…

You can leave even if you get the pop up.
If the pop up has the “countdown” of 5 seconds, then its not safe to leave anymore.

Then they should really fix that then.

1 Like

If there is a 5s timer on the button you can’t leave without panalty. If there isn’t a timer on the button you are fine. During the assembly it warns you but no timer. You are fine to leave.

2 Likes

Haven’t tested this, but last I heard, you will still get a warning if you leave during assembly, but no penalties will be applied. Maybe that has changed though?

I leave all the time at the assembly time and hit Q button without problems. Just leave before the first 20 seconds expire.

5s timer on confirm = penalty
NO 5s timer = no penalty

I actually like the leave penalty, getting sick of ppl leaving on their 1st death

1 Like

why would you leave if you got tank? you…flex…queued…??

nah…this just doesn’t work.
if you dont want people to leave your group, then play better.
Othewrise, as long as you people continue to justify throwing in QP, you can’t then also demand other people stay for it. just doenst’ work.

This is why the change happened.

1 Like

It really does though. Just because it makes some leavers mad doesn’t mean it’s an ineffective tactic. It also has the added benefit of cutting down on people having to deal with backfill.

O RLY? :owl: lol

You can. The warning is a UI bug. It has no countdown and you can still leave just fine without any penalty.

I want you to tell me how do you “play better” when someone walks out spawn get sniped by widow and instantly leaves

nah, not playing this game. That doens’t happen enough for it to be the norm. As a person who has no issue admitting that he leaves–i dont when my team plays well. I will when they consistently don’t. I would argue most people who leave do when that happens.
I will also leave when it’s obvious the other team is a stack of smurfs. Not sorry.

I dont play QP or comp though.