I thought Reddit would be better ... AS I was wrong

In general, I offered my changes for as an experimental card. Well, I recently posted it on the forum.

And what do you think? My karma was lowered to -60. Simply because people don’t like these changes. Now I cannot create new posts.

At the same time, I answered all people in the comments, with arguments.

But that was my bigger mistake. This wall of misunderstanding is even more impenetrable than on the forum.

5 Likes

Don’t post balance changes on Reddit. People are wack about those in Reddit.

Generally, forums are for general balance ideas and discussions, Reddit is for ow news and tips/guides.

6 Likes

I’m not interested in made-up rules. It is not prohibited? Not prohibited. All.

However, people will never give up their belief in a just world.

If my post was not relevant, it would be closed.

But because of the stupid karma settings, the opportunity is blocked

1 Like

I’m wondering what is making those people think Reaper is fine. He’s still incredibly feast or famine depending on whether his opponents actually let him get into shotgun range.

I will say though… I don’t think throwing more lifesteal at Reaper is the right way to go with him. Your E changes seem reasonable though.

Jesus those replies made my IQ go down. Reaper’s fine?? He’s one of the worst heroes right now and they all talk like wannabe pro players

10 Likes

NO DUDE REAPER IS FINE. TAKE -60 KARMA AND GO AWAY FROM OUR REDDIT.

Also moderator said also ALL FINE. Asked him about its fine i got block because people dont like my reaper changes..

Yes, it looks like it's working as intended. If you create an account and all you do is complain enough for people to downvote you, then the bot blocks you. You'll have to post in other subreddits to get back to positive karma.

My last message for him
I just posted a list of changes for the character that I would like to TEST in a SPECIAL mode created for this. And people just don't like these changes. If you really think, then this is a reason to ban the publication of posts .. have a nice day

Ignore now:(

2 Likes

I mean Reaper doesn’t seem that underpowered…

1 Like

You know the saying: “The nail that sticks out gets hammered”? That’s the entirety of reddit

4 Likes

And that’s why I don’t like Reddit. Nothing but a ton of echo chambers and people feeling really superior to others because they aren’t getting real pushback.

8 Likes

But blizzard dont read forums.

I posted rock bug 6 times. Its critical. its ez to fix because they created him after accretion change.

No react.

On reddit they ban my post with this bug because GO FORUM

and now reddit full blocked my posts in competitive watch beacuse people just dislike me

Jesus this world actually garbage and blizzard+jeff too

In overwatch reddit i just cant post because my karma bust be more then 1. Idk how much but must be)))

1 Like

Reddit is great for highly detailed fan art depicting Tracer spending time with Widowmaker. For any kind of discussion, about anything, it’s literally the worst platform I’ve seen in 30 years of the web. Even Twitter keeps the stupidity brief.

2 Likes

I don’t mind reddit for light fluffy entertainment purposes. However for actually having a discussion? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. No. Reddit is built around bringing attention to popular stuff and burying the unpopular stuff. Any decent discussion is going to have one of the viewpoints be unpopular and… the discussion will just die because reddit will start hiding it once it gets enough downvotes.

6 Likes

Jeff talks about echo chambers where players get stuck but doesn’t want to use his forum :slight_smile:

Damn consumer culture

1 Like

:rofl: Truth.

Unfortunately, he doesn’t care about the game and the community either.

It’s a pity, of course, that I’m not Jeff.

I would at least fix the Sigma rock and at least test the abilities before releasing them. Genji’s deflect is full of holes, you can check it in a minute. IN A 1MINUTE (!)

Shadow step does not need less cast time, that was fixed with the previous changes, and the fact it floats you midair it’s a buffer to not get booped to environment and can also help you dip off high ground to bait or just use the cover it would provide but get straight back up or teleport to a more defensable location if your team split etc.

For your shadow step woes, just use the ability in tandem with your brain and the value increases a lot. Also if you are worried about dying when shadow stepping, the idea is not to teleport into a stupid spot - the reason it should not have invuln on the second portion which you could since you regain control instantly go into wraith form (MORE INVULN) and that could be the EASIEST WAY TO MAKE TANKS QUIT, or really anyone as he would have ZERO ISSUE CLOSING THE RANGE, he could jsut start popping shots and wraith bait some CC and chain that into death blossom, as a fully hero based play it would take almost no effort to pull off consistently. You can’t give reaper free reign to have unpunishable A-B movement.

40% lifesteal if ult is charged? Hows about NOOO.
50% lifesteal on ult cast? mmm - not helpful at all. If he actually gets good, it’s just one shots like it was before the vamp nerf - your healing wont matter at all to the heroes who already don’t care about it and all the ones thatit will matter to will NOT BE AROUND because you’ve replaced it with CC and burst to snub reapers effects, so… ultimately useless change, it’s already good against what it’s meant to be good against, and still bad vs what this change would not help fix. If you really wanted to buff reapers ultimate, I’d give it damage reduction, so his lifesteal actually matters during the ult - but I still think reaper is FINE AS IS.
Cancelling ult with wraith form would be nice, but his ults abit too good to make it less punishable like that, when reaper ults, the cost is 100% ult charge and commitment, which means use your teams resources, call for a bubble or matrix or something, or just capitalize on the middle of a fight.

See I even put it here for you. Minus the everything else, a detailed response of what I find wrong with the changes you propose, and nothing else.

1 Like

Actually, this post is not about the Reaper changes, but about the politics of the two Overwatch communities on Reddit.

Moreover, all your questions have already been answered in the comments below the post.

I will answer only one of your arguments, all the others are also not consistent.

You are talking about the fact that this skill must be used wisely. Yes you are right. But there is one BUT. Or even two. Talking about shadow step

1. This is still one of the worst abilities, while his shift is not used for attack. We have a melee hero trying to catch up with enemies at base speed.
  2. Due to the heap of limitations and the weakness of this ability, it is simply … not used! Its full potential is to take a position before the battle or quickly run to the battlefield. ALL.
  3. even if you decide to use it during the battle and survive after that, then at a rank lower than bronze you will be exposed, which means that they will not approach you, which means you will not kill anyone and at the same time you have no advantage and will most likely die yourself as soon as you lean out

And they are sitting here telling me about the mind. In addition to gamesens, there is also such a thing as character strength / abilities. So, no matter how genius you are, the character is weak, and the ability is STILL WEAK.

And you are all obsessed with your SKILL needs SKILL.

Sits, tells GM the player that skill is needed.

I didn’t know!

This is why I disagree with anyone who claims Reddit is better than the Forums. Sure, false-flagging is a real thing…but even then, all posts are easily accessible unless they are removed. The website doesn’t automatically sort them based on what is the most popular - That creates a hivemind, and that’s what Reddit is. A complete echo-chamber. Say what you will about the forums; one can’t deny that any and all opinions can, will, and have been shared/seen here.

4 Likes

even tho most people on reddit are pretty toxic,r/overwatch is still better than

“genji is weak now, buff him”
“symmetra is underpowered, buff her”
“i hate open queue”
“i hate the new lucioball maps”
“briggite is op”
“sigma is op”
“why do i have to win to get rewards?”
“every player in the forums is toxic, but im not”
“hitscan is op”
“i quit overwatch”
and etc, this is the garbage called overwatch forums

1 Like