I thought Mei could counter Genji

Only her spray goes through deflect. Her projectile icicle has never gone through deflect

29 Likes

i think more heroes should have been designed like genji personally
the entire cast, even
and no geniuses already replying angrily to this post, i dont mean clone his kit for every character :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nothing counters Genji. Only bad Genji play counters Genji.

7 Likes

Make thread about “Genji dosen’t have counter”, then forum will list you half rooster.

1 Like

Same with Hanzo.

Shimada Bros > all.

3 Likes

Well officially…

CC is there to allow Genji’s existence, but by virtue of being highly mobile and hurt by CC, he’s also one of the best equipped heroes in the game to avoid it.

4 Likes

Um if you freeze him he can’t deflect. He basically as help less as a zen being dived by everything

1 Like

Moira does a good job for most ranks.

3 Likes

Link the video with a timestamp of this.

While you’re at it source the claim you make about Jeff openly admitting to a Genji onetrick being on the balancing team.

There are 2 times this will work… when Genji is Alpha DPS(bad player) and try to kill Mei in close range or when Mei caught him with his dash on cooldown.

1 Like

I would laugh if all of the heroes that are never, ever allowed to be bad are simply the ones represented by the balance team members.

I mean Genji in particular may never be bad but he’s never been overly ‘good’ either.

1 Like

Hasn’t be generally always been the top DPS outside of transient overpowered heroes?

3 Likes

Genji’s not “countered” by any hero. He can play around everything. He chooses the engagement. You don’t.

4 Likes

He’s almost always been third/fourth place.

Third to Tracer/Soldier during Soldier meta.
Third to Tracer/Widow during dive meta.
Fourth to Hanzo/Widowmaker/Tracer during Double Sniper meta.’
etc.

I remember dive as being Tracer/Genji… I’m not sure about those placings you give. Even now, he’s top DPS despite OW having at least one (Ashe), maybe two (Reaper) transient OP heroes.

1 Like

Top DPS in what is theoretically “the worst meta for Genji ever in OW history”

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

The most used and most successful variant of dive during the first OWL season was Winston/D.Va/Widowmaker/Tracer/Zenyatta/Mercy, the variant which swapped Widowmaker for Genji actually had a negative winrate during the OWL.

1 Like

Mei would counter genji more if his double jump was affected by freeze slow but noooo thats not happening anytime soon.

3 Likes

I’d love to have cripple on spray