I think Zen's Nerf is unjustified

You realize Zen is a part of dive’s core, right?

Which unskilled hero are they trying to protect with this nerf?

13 Likes

Genji and tracer omegalul

2 Likes

Nah, I think having a slightly harder time instantly deleting characters from the across the map is fine. He’ll still have an insanely high pickrate.

2 Likes

Genji’s hitbox is a bit too large.

Let’s nerf Zen to fix that.

32 Likes

I aggree with this but I really hope he can still kill a tracer before recall with two orb burst. Tbh if they really wanted to nerf dive they should have added a .5-1 sec cooldown to discord.

Can’t tell if you’re joking but I’m gonna say it anyway since someone else is bound to say the same thing and be serious about it:

Zen doesn’t counter Genji or Tracer, quite the opposite. And he has amazing synergy with Genji.

2 Likes

I would hate that 10x more, the fun of his kit is how fluid and fast-paced it is. That would feel awful in a frenzied team fight.

4 Likes

If this stops people from spamming his right click, I’m not gonna complain

6 Likes

But thats why dive is so strong in the first place. You can have discord on another target instantly.

don’t blame Zen for Dive, yes he’s effective there because of discord but Zen himself as zero mobility, Dive mostly relies on Winston, DVa, Genji and Tracer if you ask me. If you want to make Dive disappear, nerfin Zen won’t solve the problem…

20 Likes

I totally agree with title… And even more after Brigitte’s release.

I am confident there are plenty of other answers to dive without ruining the feel of a character.

1 Like

Dive absolutely does not rely on Genji lol. He’s frequently subbed out for other DPS.

How else do you think everything can die so fast in dives? It sure isn’t because of Winston’s tickle cannon or D.VA’s “I can kill things but only once every eight seconds” toolkit.

6 Likes

Same here, I don’t play zen very often(check my playtime with him if you don’t believe me haha). I practically never use Right click save for a very few times.

Other times I just straight up ignore it because I feel its unreliable in combination with my aiming skill.

1 Like

I degress that it would ruin his feel; but I wont complain if they dont touch discord.

Hey casual players didn’t complain about Zenyatta. But guess what kind of players did complain about him?

Professional players wanted this nerf.

5 Likes

Can someone explain how Zen, with no movement abilities and being very frail, is at the core of a highly-mobile strategy?

3 Likes

Instant long range healing that can be switched at any time and an instant long range damage multiplier that can be switched at any time

1 Like

I don’t understand why this was even a thought to the devs. I’ve never met a Zenyatta who spams right click. It isn’t a guaranteed kill, it has the potential to put out damage, but unless you’re landing a headshot with it it isn’t gonna kill most heroes, and you still have to aim for it to be effective.

This isn’t like Junkrat’s double mine insta-kill. That was cheesy. This is unnecessary.

17 Likes

You can literally just hide behind a corner, charge M2, then peek and shoot it at the enemy to delete them in half a second.

3 Likes