I think there is a bug with Comp 4v4

I can’t believe that some Developer at Blizzard actually okay’ed for the Competitive 4v4 Deathmatch gamemode to be without any matchmaking.

There are premades of 4 players going against a full team of randomers that solo queue’d.

So… It has to be a bug? I don’t want to believe that something so stupid would be put into the game.

Every game of mine has been against premades, is this going to affect my rank?

1 Like

Well it’s easier for the matchmaker to put a premade group with loose users.

Group vs Group is hard due to uneven groups. Making it hard to fill it like that. This is why usually players that solo queue get filled with groups. This way groups can still play.

This will not affect your rank, they might play better as a team but it doesn’t impair skill, you must get your team to work good with you. I mean it’s a team game after all

1 Like

If I get with a team with complete randomers and strangers, versus a team that is filled with a full premade with communication that is completely destroying me and my teammates by playing the most cowardly heroes making us unable to do anything will not affect my rank?

That’s really the player’s fault not the system.

If it were to be matches like 1-1 1 vs 1-1 1
or 1-1-1 vs 1-1-1
or 1 1 1 v s 1 1 1
It would take much longer, can actually affect queue times by around 2 or 3x more.

At least it would be fair… I’d rather play competitive matches as all solo queuers, or at least with the exact same size of premades.

I’d rather play without premades at all, because some people may group up with LFG or after a previous game, while there are some premades with friends who knows each other’s playstyle and such, and got good cooperation/teamwork.

Well that is your opinion, there are also other players and the company’s thought.

Hold that in mind.
Also if you’re a really low or really high SR i’d doubt you find any matches within the 40-60 min timestamp.

Then they can wait? People should not have to exist just to suffer through an already decided game. Just so the group can play.

If they cannot find games as fast as they’d like, then they can play by themselves. If they do not like that, then they don’t have to play the mode at all.

The game should be fair, obviously.

It is already fair, a company isn’t going to revolve their game around player (you)
Other’s think different on this subject, you cannot assume what they think. Nor can they assume what you think. And that’s fair point.

Some are fine with this others aren’t. And for the most i know grouping doesn’t change much. You cannot change a system within a game so it’s fair grouping, it won’t change anything.

The player must make the move, not the company.

No, it is not fair.

How is it fair to put a premade team against complete strangers in a competative game? How is it fair to create a new, different ruleset onto a gamemode and map that are designed for the regular rulesets for Overwatch matches? If it is to be truly fair, they also need to change the heroes and maps for each Arcade gamemode, but that is not at all what I am arguing for.

The gamemodes are fine and fun when you just want to have fun and mess around. And that is what I believe Arcade should be like.

The problem I have with Arcade is the competitive gamemodes with no and/or really unfair matchmaking. And the weekly lootbox rewards are also really unfair.

All that has to be done, is to make it matchmake players fairly and redesign the rewards by quests or whatever. If you reward players by winning in unfair and unbalanced gamemodes, where some people already don’t play to win, it’s going to be frustrating for those that want to win. You cannot mix players who want to play the modes seriously with people who don’t.

And it is definetly the company that has to make the move if their game is badly designed.

I agree. I was qualifying for a competitive 4v4 Deathmatch. I dont remember how many victories and defeats, but I took the gold and the best moments of the match. The level is not small. In competitive my rank is platinum. Blizzard gave me a rank of 1200 in 4v4. How is that possible? Friend assigned the rank of 2600.

Well that’s your opinion on it, others think differently.

Now if you want a change post it in #general-discussion because this is not a bug.

Competitive is different than Arcade Competitive.

Arcade Competitive doesn’t use your normal Competitive MMR, but uses a different one.
Your MMR from 2018 Team Deathmatch goes to 2019. Meaning that if you were a low rank in 2018 Team Deathmatch it gives you around the same ranking.

Oh, yikes! I should’ve known it was totally intended for teams to go against a group of random players who are strangers to each other! Because that is fair!

it is not a serious game mode.

2 Likes

Yeah… That is the entire point…

Seriously, it’s so annoying having to go in circles because people like you just don’t understand or don’t read and just wanna spew bull into threads.

It’s not logical to force players into trying to win in gamemodes that are not serious, that are not balanced and such.

Suggestion topics are allowed to be argued about, everyone has their own opinions and you should respect that.

I’m going in against it with my own opinion and i don’t find you can just say i don’t understand.

That’s your opinion.

I don’t see a problem here, XHelperZ is right. The whole point of competitive mode is to group up (previous to queue or randomly) and work as a team, communicate as a team. The majority of solo players hardly use voice chat and in arcade mode communication is all but non-existent.

Singular skill will only take you so far. Think about it, the pro’s don’t work their way up the ranks without working together or talking. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Having a team full of complete strangers vs. a team with players who know each other and each other’s playstyle is not fair at all.

You say yourself that you have to work as a team and communicate as a team, but at the same time you say that the majority of solo-queuers hardly use voice chat and even further that it’s non-existent in Arcade… So… That would be unfair, wouldn’t it?

It’d be fair to put groups against groups, and solo-queuers against solo-queuers.

I sometimes queue with other people i don’t know, just met in a competitive match. Just queue’d up with them.

That isn’t a perk at all, we don’t know each other and each other playstyle.

But the system can’t detect that. This would actually be the same disadvantage as 2 solo queuer’s in a group vs a group that knows each other well.

The system can however detect groups and solo-queuers.

But it doesn’t want a function you want. And a missing function isn’t a bug.

Please do move this thread to #general-discussion as a discussion.