I think that every hero should have a passive

To be honest I dont get really why some have passives (Even more then one), but some heroes dont have one at all, and some of them are F-tier, Im sure a passive would help them, but anyway Im really for it that every hero should have a passive ability.

2 Likes

In an ideal world all the heroes will have at least 1 passive and 3 skills - right click, E and Shift. This is the tendency with the new heroes released so far. All of them have full set of abilities and maybe some passive. Sadly that makes some of the OG characters like Winston and Reaper seem like unfinished and work in progress. Both of them need new abilities for their right click. Especially Winston who does not have a single ability that uses his aim … in an FPS game. Let that sink in…

Problem is, how do you design fitting passives for the heroes and how do you balance those. There is a lot of work going into such things, and remember it has to fit the playstyle, generall style and game mechanics.

Well, I Agree not that easy, but out of head I have 2;

Ana - Should be able to heal through barriers.
Mei - Can move faster if she uses her primary weapon on the ground, she can slide around.

The devs already said they tried this, you had to keep looking at the ground and it became awkward.

Sorry forgot to quote you.

I like this idea. It would be interesting to hear what everyone’s ideas are for this.

I’m surpised they never considered to use snowball to spray the frost on the floor.

Reaper has a passive ability and he is in F tier.

if you have to look at the ground constantly then you wont be able to react fast enough against enemies that appear infront of you.

its a stupid suggestion.

From the silver surfer thread.

But sometimes when you keep adding to stuff, you actually ruin it. Does Winston need any more abilities for the job he was designed to do?
He’s arguably one of the best characters in the game, so why add anything more? ‘Because other characters have buttons that do stuff’ doesn’t really cut it.

Also this isn’t a straight up FPS game. so what if none of his abilities require pinpoint accurate aim?

1 Like

It’s not about making him more powerful, it’s about giving him additional tools and making his playstyle more diverse. An ability that takes some skill to get value out of it. I get that his design is to be basic and nothing too flashy, but why not give him something that will increase his skill range? His kit is way too basic in my opinion.

Well let’s agree to disagree. I still think less is more when it comes to this kind of thing.