I think Symmetra is close to being perfect, from a GM Symm-main

I agreed. Sym is fine.

Where did I say anything about that?

She is less niche than Bastion methinks and requires less teammates playing around him

I dunno. I get a lot of value out of 195dps.

1 Like

She still needs some tweaks. She is more viable than before, now being viable on CP maps for attack due to her teleporter.

She could still use some simple tweaks like:

1. +2m range on her Sentries’ beams
  2. slightly faster Sentry deployment (from 1 second to 0.75 or less)
  3. 20 shields/10 hp for Sentries at the least
  4. if Sentry charges are under 3 when she uses her Ult, replace 1 charge.
  5. halved Teleporter cast time (from 1 second to 0.5)
  6. slightly faster MB2 projectile speed, +4mps to +10mps.

And of course some sort of passive, perhaps for her entire team if they are near her. A simple +25 shields that goes away if she dies or if they die and then they need to be refreshed on the allies. All characters should have a passive of some kind. Even if it’s a “dumb” passive like Eject that just describes a unique mechanic or gimmick.

1 Like

Symm is so close. I agree with that. All she really needs is something to help her a little more on her own and then bug fixes like u said. She is so close

Sym is garbage. From a person who can read stats.

That’s really sad as a damage dealer and shows her rework was a fail.

So why is her beam only 12 meters long and why aren’t her orbs fast enough to hit at long range without begging your opponent to walk into it?

Every close range hero has a lot of defensiv tools but Sym doesn’t.

That was always the case even with 2.0 but the different is her old primary was good and usable.

I watch his streams and he’s dying all the time.

Yeah. It was increased for no reason due the rework.
The only thing she got were tons of nerfs actually.

1 Like

I agree and disagree with this. I feel symms biggest weakness being her team shows that symm herself is weak. The biggest argument i see for keeping symms inconsistent damage is that she provides a ton of utility. What utility? The slow teleporter with a pixel size interact radius? I do agree that symm can be balanced with small numbers tweaks. Tweaks i would like to see are lowering tp deploy time to 1.5 seconds. Increasing the primary fire range to 14-16m or increasing symms health to 250 so she can use her beam safely. For a secondary fire i feel her orbs are fine but if they should be used as a primary fire as some say, then their speed should be upped. Turrets and barrier im fine with, they were the better part of the rework. I dont believe Symmetra should be the main damage dealer on a team. But she also shouldnt be dead weight.

1 Like

Her teleport is trash! I would love to trade off a bit of her dmg potential for a better tp. there were plenty and even more very good suggest postet in this forum, all of which finally were totally ignored.
symm is not going to change i guess and its shame! last patch showed devs actually give a f… about symmetra! :frowning:

thank you omg. She is definitely made to play mid to close range, so why doesn’t she have something that helps her survive in that area?? Honestly, I’d be fine if her damage was toned down in exchange for more range or something. If her range was threatening enough it would up her survivability.

1 Like

agreed. She is definitely built for mid-close range damage and if they dont increase her effective range then she needs something else to help her survive, like more hp.

Sorry, but 3.0 being lel right click lel right click lel right click lel right click isn’t okay.
Close to perfect? Nonsense. She’s basically a junkrat variant now. Sitting around spamming balls still isn’t exciting.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone suggest this and i really don’t know why but… Why does her primary fire beam damage have to increase by tiers? Why not have her primary fire damage have a constant escalation instead of jumping to the next tier every 1.3 or whatever seconds? There’s so many instances where youre firing your beam at a target that’s super low hp, but before your damage can get to tier 2, they use their superior mobility to get away, EVEN THOUGH you may have been tracking them perfectly. If her beam damage was constantly elevating while hitting a target, then the players with good tracking would be rewarded immediately instead of 1.3 seconds later. Get it?

just decrease deployment time of her tp or increase its duration (maybe also hp than) and fix interaction radius… finally do it, for gods sake!

decrease dmg or make her primary dmg increase slower as a trade off…

symmetra was unique due to her teleport. this is a very nice and suppotive ability… but instead focusing on this she is a boring to play, low skill but still only niche-picked dps hero that couldnt move further from meta. her whole concept is thrown away (for what reasons??)

1 Like

From someone who has basically quit the game: I would like my hero back.

Deny it all you want, the stats show the truth. Sym has been trash throughout her entire comp career and she will continue to be trash at every rank til she gets some meaningful buffs.

she’s not supposed to play upclose

Her beam is 12 meter long.

Her leftclick is like mei’s,

Mei’s left click is much more reliable and useful than Syms, far from “situational”.

2 Likes

The primary is good now. I’m so happy that they lowered the charge time on it

I like this but would be hard to implement. Instead of going 65/130/195 each tier have it ramp up each tick. It would have to start at low damage, say 10 and increase by 3 per tick. So it would do 10, 13, 16, 19, 22 (80 in first second with 100% accuracy) second would be 25, 28, 31, 34, 37 (155 second second) and 40, 43, 46, 49, 52 (230 third) then cap it at 52 so thereafter it would be 52, 52, 52, 52, 52 (260)

Then have it lower by 3 if a tick rolls by and no damage occurs.

1 Like

I think Symmetra is close to being perfect, from a GM Symm-main

Agreed. Have you seen those legs? Oh wait. You’re talking about game play. Never mind me then.

1 Like