I think 6v6 is better for the game. (Discussion)

I just want to be able to play Reaper again in the way he was meant to be played. Nobody is intimidated by his presence anymore and he’s worse than every alternative in every playstyle.

• Can’t flank because tracking 5 people isn’t nearly as hard as tracking 6. Plus everyone has anti-close range self-defense/get-away abilities, so you can’t even approach.

• Tank busting isn’t allowed because it’s too powerful when there’s only one tank on the field.

• Can’t duel because range requirements and everyone’s been gigabuffed.

Bring back 6v6 so I can play the game again.

you cant with 5v5, neonwight doesnt know what hes talking about

2 Likes

I think it’s weird to see “5v5 makes the game too simple” complaints when we simultaneously see compliants that 5v5 makes the game too complicated.

It can’t be both.

5v5 broke quite alot of OW
offtanks had to be gigabuffed to compensate for being the only tank
characters like hanzo reaper and widow kinda lose their place (reaper cant be super strong otherwise he would shred tanks, hanzo and widow become a lot stronger bc they could one shot)
increased hp and passives to make up for the missing tank and to reduce the effect of burst damage->breaking breakpoints of several characters like mei twoshotting people
flankers like tracer and sombra become stronger bc no off tank to peel
Queue time was resolved for a while, before getting worse
Certain older tanks like rein absolutely suck in 5v5 bc he gets countered by everything
Reasonable tank players arent happy bc they are now the main focus of the game
And people are saying 5v5 overwatch was better???

2 Likes

Yeahhh lowkey if ur a Reaper player 6v6 was 1000x better… with the new armor changes you’re lucky if you deal 50 damage to armored targets lol

1 Like
  1. Rethinking Tank Debuffs and Sustain:

• Reducing Debuff Impact: Lower the duration and intensity of debuffs like Ana’s Biotic Grenade and Zenyatta’s Discord Orb on tanks. This would make tanks less vulnerable to burst damage and focus fire.

• Skill-Based Sustain: Instead of relying on raw health or armor, give tanks abilities that provide sustain when used skillfully. Examples include Winston’s Barrier Projector (blocking key abilities) and Sigma’s Kinetic Grasp (absorbing powerful cooldowns).

2. Flexible Tank Playstyles:

• Softening Archetypes: Create more versatile tanks with less pronounced strengths and weaknesses. This would allow tanks to adapt to different situations and playstyles, reducing the need for hard counters.

• Skill-Based Counterplay: Provide tanks with a variety of options to deal with threats, emphasizing skillful decision-making over hero swapping. This would make gameplay more engaging and rewarding.

I think 5v5 can be the better option if they do it correctly and also follow the same philosophy I wrote above. I think they have succeeded already in making supports be able to be more creative with their positioning and allow them to have a less healbot playstyle and more dps orientated one. Which I think is a major win.

The same can be said for dps. Since there is less players to contest the dps player you’re able to have bigger carry potential and are able to flank more. Aim also matters a lot more now since you don’t have 2 tanks in your face and can actually shoot squishies.

Before in ow1 aimbot used to be hardly noticeable at times because of how oppressive tanks were in terms of how they just blocked all the damage and make squishies super hard to get access to.