I sure hope the CC Nerf doesn't affect meta heroes like Reinhardt Ana and McCree

Yea, it makes people triggered

God I hate junkrat. thanks for reminding me that he exists. Fortunately Echo should put an end to him and Pharah at the same time. If Sombra was viable that would take care of DF and Lucio and leave me a happy camper.

Ana’s sleep is ok imo.
She gets high reward for that long cooldown skillshot which is ok.
Nerf anti nade instead.

However, shatter is dumb. Especially with all barriers gutted, shatter basically only has enemy Rhein as a counter.

Saving yourself as Moira, Mercy, Zarya, Mei, etc. doesnt count as countering shatter.

Mcmeme should get his enormous radius reduced, but I probably can’t voice my opinion anyway, since he is always perfectly balanced.

4 Likes

I’m hoping the CC reductions are targeted more at Hammond, Lucio, Doomfist, Sombra, and general knockback strength.

The whole reason Rein got the steadfast passive was because of how he always end up feeling like an inflatable beach ball, and it was buffed to 50% because even at 30% he still felt terrible to play. I think giving Rein steadfast was ignoring the real issue which was the knockback consistency changes that turned all the tanks into ragdolls in the first place. Those consistency changes should have been followed up with a near global nerf to knockback strength shortly after instead of just making Reinhardt near immune to them, he isn’t the only one that suffers the motion sickness inducing forced movement spam.

1 Like

if anything it will be targetting them the most cuz they are whats a problem right now lmao

2 Likes

I honestly think its a reversion of the knockback change that happened long ago.

Remember how before you could negate a bit of a knockback effect if you moved in the opposite direction of said boop? [If lucio boops you back, you move forward and it kinda cancels out]

You can’t do that anymore due to a change they did to knockbacks long ago, I think it might be that.

I wouldn’t say “healthy” form of CC honestly, the only one I can see that is the most healthy would be Ana’s Sleep Dart but even that is easy to land especially with the more larger hitbox.

1 Like

I stepped on it and died :angry: pls nerf!!!

Yeah lets just gut Sombra some more.

1 Like

Wait, what CC nerf??

The next round of experimental will be focused on cc reduction.

I think if anything they’d be targeting Hammond and Doomfist, heroes like them who have their entire kit oriented around knocking around and stunning your enemy.

Heroes having maybe 1 CC ability as a “hey, get off of me” is ok.

Heroes having 2-3 CC abilities saying “time to turn you into a human ping pong ball” is where the issue lies.

When an entire kit is oriented around CC and taking control away, that is where the problem starts.

1 Like

Obviously, hack is OP it removes your abilities, keeps you from shooting, freezes you in place, locks all 6 enemies aim onto you and increases your spawn timer to the rest of the matches duration.

1 Like

The next experimental card is going to focus on CC reductions.

Yeah I agree Reinhardt is OP.

Not to mention they also aren’t mobile heroes.

Doomfist, Hammond and those kinds of heroes who focus on stunning and pushing you around with knockback are the issue.

Moreso because a hero should either have mobility, or have a stun, never both. The second you mix having high mobility and good crowd control is when a hero is annoying to fight against.

Genji and Tracer have only high mobility and no CC, and most people that are good at the game would consider them fair to fight against and well designed.

Doomfist however is problematic, and many people consider him irritating to die to, I even say this as someone with over 100 hours on Doom. He’s problematic due to being able to move fast ON TOP OF stunlocking you.

3 Likes

I mean but these two heroes arent problematic right now

why would they nerf heroes that are problematic, and are, in fact, counters to the problematic heroes aka meta ones?

no one is getting their CC dialed back without being buffed in other ways don’t worry

Sure they aren’t problematic in the current meta, but they are prime examples of the CC issue in overwatch.

They literally embody CC, their entire kit is focused on taking control away from you and stunning you into your Doom [pun intended]

A hero having a stun as a not very mobile hero as a way to tell divers “get off of me” is fine, that’s what CC’s purpose should be, as a warning rather than a hero’s entire form of killing.

A hero having their entire kit being based on stunning their hero to their death is bad on it’s own, a hero having that while ALSO being hypermobile is worse.

I as a Semi-Doomfist main openly admit he’s a massive problem in the game’s design, he crosses the line between having mobility and having CC, him having both is what makes him a problem.

1 Like

Though what would they plan to do with such heroes?

Doomfist is gonna need an entire overhaul from the ground up, his kit as it is just will not work unless it has loads of CC.

Hammond could possibly be solved with tweaking.