I see matchmaking is getting worse and worse

Bunch of slithering disrespectful liars.

1 Like

there is just a TON of BAD BAD DPS out there…

Matchmaking is as bad as it has ever been. I am not even sure if it is bugged or not? Like … I kinda think it really is bugged?

The games I am getting … like it is awful, awfully aweful, getting me pretty close to my breaking point actually. And if anyone wonders: I normally enjoy roughly as much wins as losses. Right now however, it seems I win one out of 10 games.

It does not feel right!

1 Like

I would much rather wait longer than have the match quality I experienced today. The games were very unbalanced.

1 Like

IT is Worst it has ever been for sure.
I have always been 2500-3100 rank player
Now they put 900 rank players in my game to get on my nerves, ive never seen any before in 4000h of gameplay sincve 2016 beta

*It could be that they are just that to Push out players who AI has identified as Non-Spenders to make server loads lower and gain more money coz we are not useful for them anyway.
*But if u are saying that u are spender and it still is happening to you
then some Matchmaking system programmer is just had it with Blizzard and is intentionally killing the game.

There is no other way. It must be intentionally F*****g with you.
Ive never been this mad over just 2 games in OW before.
Totally unplayable matchmaking.

Jeff must feel sad to see hes baby turned into Cash-grabbing AI run system

3 Likes

So a Plat player is matched against Silver players? how is this fair to the Silver players?

… In competitive?

Fix your garbage game already Blizzard or remove all win challenges or I’m gonna continue reporting both sides for each forced loss game.

They have hid a lot going into Overwatch2: portraits, who is in a group, and people’s rank in comp games.

It doesn’t take rocket science to figure out they dumpstered the MM.

They have sacrificed quality for quantity all for the sake of faster matches.

The balance is complete dog :poop:.

it is most definitely worse then ever. the tank/dps quality is so bad every game its scary. even worse is the many many many leavers either intention or server issues.

Actually if you are a spender like me, then I suspect it’s worse because of this overlooked activision patent 2017.

h ttps://kotaku.com/activision-patents-matchmaking-that-encourages-players-1819630937

(Space behind the ‘h’ because I can’t post links).

I think it’s a combination of this along with them just straight up sacrificing quality for quantity.

Poor Daddy Jeff. :frowning:

Mixing up pee-wee football players into two NFL teams would make for a fair game, but it wouldn’t make a game that’s fun to play for either group of players. I think they need to bite the queue time bullet and implement a tighter range of MMR/SR (or whatever algorithm they’re using) matchmaking.

i’m mid diamond and i get teams FULL of gold players at least half the time. it’s so noticeable and so painful.

I don’t remember the estimates but I know that the playerbase significantly thins out in Plat and gets lower by a sizeable amount the higher you go.
I think Platinum is like 30% of the entire community and in that 30% you have to account for region and latency so it still gets marginally smaller to match people.

1 Like

Interesting. I didn’t know that, thanks.

It’s very weird. For me at least, it’s like a switch is flipped in Plat 2 where suddenly you’re basically playing in Diamond games every match. Teams of three Diamonds on both sides.

Whereas, Plat 3 is just Plats. Along with random Golds and the occasional Silver, or new player who belongs in Bronze 5.

The lack of players is noticeable to me as well. I started this season in Silver because of rank decay mixed with a loss streak before season 2 ended, and I was able to climb back up to Plat in 6 hours total.

I’m in no rush to slog through Plat again, though. It’s such a weird mix of skill levels.

It’s also the reason why people in GM and T500 just play against each other all the time, because there’s no one match them with.

Was alot better for me this season I climbed alot of ranks extremely quickly

I guess not better for everyone though

I can see how that would be frustrating. Some nights in Plat I feel like I keep seeing the same people, so I can only imagine how bad it is up there.

Poor conditions at the top just encourages smurfing and people leaving for other games.

I wouldn’t chalk it up to poor conditions but rather that’s how it just naturally goes for any competitive ladder.
The game going f2p just made it easier for them to smurf.