I report so many people

But that’s exactly the problem. There needs to be a decided thresdhold where failure to perform on your hero, coupled with a refusal to change your strategy or your hero BECOMES sabotage even when its not purely intentional.

The hypocrisy being that, if I am Hanzo, and I have 15 elims and 9k damage and mostly head shot solo kills against healers, where as a Junkrat might be doing MORE damage than me, but he is not getting valuable hero picks when they ought to be made or is not breaking shields or zoning out tanks on KOTH maps and bouncing people off payloads etc, where do we draw that line?

From HIS perspective, he is doing better than me based solely on his medals when mechanically he is not truly performing tasks that go hand in hand with the gameplay mechanics of the match.

Nobody cares if a Widow has Gold damage and Gold elims. If she is shooting and not securing picks, she is basically dead weight.

1 Like

No, it’s not. There isn’t such a point. The matchmaker will adjust them as need be. And, no, you don’t deserve Diamond as a Diamond in Gold on a sniper would carry him/herself out in a day. That would be a dreaded “smurf.” You’re not near as good as your delusions of grandeur are.

You are starting to sound like someone we know from another thread MySysbit.

orangejuice from that other thread. Funny that you agreed with me then, and are disagreeing with me now on basically the same discussion that skill does not solely determine how someones SR rises and falls at lower tiers or that the system is unfair towards flexers.

This goes way beyind rank shaming. This is shaming someone for analyzing their own player data and making their own side by side comparison to other players to confirm that they aren’t in the tier they deserve to be in. That’s a whole other level of shaming.

1 Like

i personally think the matchmaker is very good.
One of its unintended side effects is causing people to overestimate their skill level (because players at all levels have the opportunity to make big plays and be effective in a match.)

1 Like

Excuse me. Please fix your post. That is NOT my quote in that. That was MySysbit.

I agree with whomever is correct; you’re not. As I said then: your performance on golds being the same % as that of higher ranks does not mean you deserve their rank! They are getting those numbers against far better players ie way better at being evasive and working as a team.

Why do you think you’re a Diamond? Would a Diamond in Gold not dominate as smurfing? IF you were that good why are you not dominating and climbing?

Answer: you’re not as great as you think you are.

I kinda just really want Competitive to feel more like something that’s off a hand-out or just taken from you kind of thing. Like, I don’t want my wins handed to me (like the two occasions in the same season I got handed way too many free wins to mid-Masters) nor do I want the losses to be something you can’t review at all because some people just want to be a massive prick (rage quitting, throwing/trolling/griefing for whatever reason, I can keep going). Reason being is that the game’s a team-focused or rather team-centralized game, meaning its designed to emphasize coordination and cooperation and how there’s no scaling whatsoever in the game.

Like, I know I deserve to be in atleast low-Diamond (I was able to atleast not get any lower than Diamond in Season 12), but getting to Masters at all… I wouldn’t mind if it took me 1-12 more seasons (or until the game’s no longer supported if Overwatch 2 is coming in) to get there if I have to truly improve as a player, but I guess there’s still way more people in this game that think they deserve more for less.

1 Like

Read…it…AGAIN!!

My stats being close to theirs means i should not HAVE DIFFICULTY CLIMBING INTO PLATINUM!!! Go back, reread the original response, and see that you are NOT quoting me correctly.

1 Like

I don’t know why it tagged you instead of MsSysbit.

I quoted you correctly. Answer the questions. That’s what I care about. This is how arguments are formed: valid premises that connect soundly to conclusions. Can you attack any of those premises? Because, if they all hold true, you’re full of crud as that would be a textbook contradiction.

Diamond in Gold = smurf
Diamond in Gold = trapped

Pick a narrative.

No. You did not quote me correctly.

I specifically said that I have better overall career statistics. At the end of the past 5 seasons, when I compared my careers and season stats with that of GM players, comparing specific heros, my Widow to GM WIdowmakers. I compared my Stats for Tracer to GM Tracers. What I found was that OVERALL, for a whole season, and over my Overwatch career stats, was that I was more consistent in terms of wins versus losses over time, put in 3x if not more hours than most players do, had similar winrates (within 2-3% difference +/- on my most played heros)

That is the ONLY way you can compare the statistics.

I specifically said that CLIMBING OUT OF GOLD should not be an issue if raw skill was all that was required, when my statistics as a FLEXER are close to that if GM players. I absolutely NEVER said that I deserved a GM slot. NEVER!! Period. I deserve at MINIMUM Plat and MAYBE low Diamond when my skills improved beyond what they currently are.

Here’s the flaw with stats, honestly.

Did your frags even count? Were you healing the right people? Were you blocking for the right people?

Believe it or not, there’s such thing as trash frags, trash heals, and trash damage blocked.

1 Like

As a rein main I often get gold Elims and sometimes even damage. I’m still trash though…

Believe it or not, there are people who make wild assumptions about someones mechanical skills when they have never played with or see them playing. Have fun with your false assumptions. Literally everything I have said in my responses has to do with other people making bad decisions and feeding, game sense and coordination. if you are gonna sit there and basically call me a liar I have nothing more to say to you.

1 Like

I’m basically saying you’re overestimating yourself.

Then it is obvious that play your rein too aggressively and your DPS/Heals die as a result of that overaggressive play style. Bad tanks and bad heals are seldom in the same group together. One or the other is plausible, both is not.

No actually I am not. Saying that I should be Plat instead of Gold is very reaslitic because I possess the mechanical skills and the player statistics to achieve that rank, asa proven by repeatedly getting to 2450+ and then getting a bunch of leavers, trolls and griefers at the worst possible times…

A Bronze who thinks they should be Diamond or above is a gross overestimation.

MySysbit. Here is that original reply I made to the “What rank do you think you should be” thread the other day. I NEVER said I should be GM. Do not misquote me.

Yet you are saying you deserve better so it’s all the same. You’re not plat. Your accuracies against golds is not comparable to a GM’s accuracy. You’rexsaying cuz you excel apparentky in 5th grade despite your tests disagreeing that you should be in high school. It doesn’t work like that…

I am not overeaching on what I deserve and thats the difference. Plat and Diamond ARE realistic goals. End of story.