I really hope blizz hits the cheaters next after XIM ban

After coaching with multiple professionals like ioStux I know my mechanics are good. GM+ aim and tracking. I am mid diamond to masters player who reviews gameplay ALL the time so I know what good mechanics look like naturally… I see soft locking, trigger botting, ESP, nearly 1/3 of all games in this rank. The cheater deniers want to say “I never see cheaters in my games”. What they don’t understand is how humanized and advanced this software is now, and you have to look closely to see it. Recently I have seen an EXCESSIVE amount of botting Hanzos. After the Tarkov revelations, and the fact that AI cheat detection is available I pray to the blizz gods they get this in the game. I have been accused of cheating a good amount of times so I understand that people mistake being good for cheating, but that is certainly not what I am seeing constantly.

3 Likes

Game infested with cheaters. And blizzard doing literally nothing for now.

Dealing with cheaters is expensive and since the majority of players don’t have the ability to see cheating when it happens means the studio behind the game does the least amount of work required to keep cheaters at bay. The culture at the company just isn’t the right one and Activision Blizzard isn’t known for their anti-cheat efforts. It’s a massively overrated producer of mainstream AAA games and the quality of those games is appalling. Graphics issues, server issues, boring gameplay loop with very little innovation over the last decade or so, poor storytelling outside of some short videos, and some ok art because starving artists have to work somewhere to pay the bills, even if that place is a toxic company with mind boggling poor decision making and understanding of what is needed to make good games. Oh and let’s not forget the incidents around frat culture and predatory middle management and compensation schemes for employees.

I’m not so sure that being part of Xbox will change things too much as Xbox has even more history with stupid decisions, toxicity, and middling to completely broken game and console releases. Cheating has become so common because it was hardly a priority for so many years especially as money kept flowing in and right now we’re seeing the effect: cheats are available as soon as even a closed beta is released, and they’re so accessible and, with a bit of due diligence, so easy to hide and avoid or circumvent any bans that it’s estimated around one third to 40% of all players in multiplayer games are using some form of cheating, hardware of software based. Lots of people simply lack the motivations and skills required to get good so they take the obvious shortcut that is often cheaper than the clown skins you see in games like Call of Duty. Cheating will never stop but until the industry sees a revenue drop from it you’ll never see any proper action against it other than rootkit grade anti cheat on a “trust me bro” basis from companies that make games.

2 Likes

Do you have some replays to share?

Just with 3 replays we should at least see one!