I really hate the matchmaking in this game

Interesting and thx for sharing ur story. I agree that the game needs to determine ur own skill over the teams. Just random over exaggerated example. If I’m playing say Mercy and I have 60,000 healing 40,000 damage boosted 600 kills (all golds) Only One nominated and am on fire the whole time but still lose because of teammates, why is it that the next game the teammates seem to be even worse? Shouldn’t the stats I got from the game I just lost be a sign that hey they shouldn’t be playing with people like that. Based on that game they should be matched with ppl of equal skill and so forth.

The game feels more like oh ur team did bad and lost even tho u pulled ur own weight??? Well because u lost and they did bad that must mean you’re bad and don’t deserve to climb. Instead of taking my own stats into consideration. But like I said that’s just what it feels like, not saying that’s what it is.

2 Likes

I was talking to some people on my team today that have mains that are top 500 on consol. I’m a ps4 player. And they complain of the same thing. They get put up against people who are absolutely horrible at this game (in addition to all the smurfs and throwers…etc) - who probably boosted to get to Plat or Diamond…and it’s not those ppl that get punished. It’s the good people that get punished (like your example).

I really don’t understand it. It makes absolutely ZERO sense. Has anyone actually asked Mercer wtf is going on?

1 Like

Yea I’ve noticed that as well ESPECIALLY with the throwers or smerfs. They will do horrendously and the next game their on the enemy team getting hard carried meanwhile I did good or great that game but I get stuck with another team that just doesn’t care. Make it make sense. Reward me punish the bad player put me on the hard carry team lol

It also seems some how the matchmaker has gotten worse? I’ve seen waaaay more posts lately about horrible 1 sided matches people have been getting for no reason. Idk if they changed something or what. I’m sure the whole quarantine/lock downs are a major cause in the increase of bad games since more ppl are home.

I wish I had the answer because I’m one of those ppl that just don’t understand and it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth to experience. I guess we are at the mercy of something other than ourselves…and have to adapt…but it really is one of those things that make me look at other games.

Yea sadly nothing can really be done. There’s only so much u can do on a team of 6 lol

This might help:

1 Like

Because your team mates are still random. With only having ± same MMR as you . Luck is big part of matchmaking.

I think what we’re asking for is more draws.

The Matchmaking is the #1 problem with this game.

If you want to burn your players out, and end up with a dead game… definitely keep moving the goalposts on them. Let them think they’re doing good, then pull the rug out from under them with a string of the worst possible games you can find. I doubt this is the intention, but it IS the result of using MMR/Handicapping to create matches.

At this point, all we can do is hope that OW2 has some major changes in store.

4 Likes

I climbed every single time on my accounts, matchmaking is working just fine.

1 Like

We’re all entitled to our opinions, and that’s what these qualitative assessments of the matchmaker are: opinions.

Its not opinion, its a fact. Climbing obviously works. If player cant climb, problem is with the player not playing good enough for higher rank. Matchmaker is not perfect, but it works well enough so climbing is possible if you invest some time into it.

werent you the one that made about three threads about how bad teammates in low ranks were? I can confidently say that plat players will have a very hard time climbing out of gold.

I was. What does have to do with matchmaker? And I climbed anyway, with a damn mercy, i am close to plat now. Climbed from bronze.

1 Like

So its hypocritical of you to criticize this thread since you did the exact same thing… 3 times.

1 Like

Extremely narrow minded and ignorant view. Hey, Covid is fake because i didn’t catch it.

1 Like

I was talking about players who provide less value than expected. It happens on both sides of games. It has nothing to do with how good matchmaker is.

Can you prove it? Of course you cant prove your claim. I can prove mine because I have my whole climb with mercy from bronze to 2470 recorded. You can see there that if you play well, you will eventualy climb.

And your comparison is actualy funny as you use same logic when you are constantly complaining how is matchmaker is rigged

I am not climbing so matchmaker is rigged. But of course you dont have proof.

1 Like

“Maybe reset isnt that bad idea after all, these people need to go down in ranks.”

Reset is problematic as there is no guarantee that these players wont land in same place or even higher as reset would be huge mess with games full of players from different ranks for weeks and months.

First rework of how placement works, then reset.

You keep doing this. Big deal. You climb from Bronze and throw off the entire game on your account.

Over and over! Weeee, i climbed from Bronze after throwing. How does that prove anything about the matchmaker for, you know, actual players playing the game properly?

1 Like