I randomly got banned today and idk why ;-;

i was playing overwatch2 just fine yesterday. I wake up today, ready to play again and boom! my account has been banned. they said it’s because of repeated violations of their code of conduct, but that simply cannot be true because 2 or 3 day prior my account was randomly silenced which means i couldnt possibly even do that even if i wanted to, which i dont. It’s super irritating and im waiting for a response bc i submitted a ticket for an appeal because there is zero evidence of me violating the code of conduct, it’s just “youve been banned” which is incredibly unfair to me. like the least you can do is tell me what i did to even get banned. Bro ive been playing overwatch 2 for 3-4 months now and im so irritated because i really do enjoy playing this game and i want to keep playing but now i cant because of this ban. It’s super irritating and i hope someone can help me with this. I just want to play my game again. thats all i want. Im not even upset about the random silence anymore, shoot i’ll play silenced for the rest of my life if it means i wont get randomly banned again. I’m desperate bro. please someone help me.

4 Likes

Hi, volunteer here.

This forum is for players assisting other players with technical issues. We will not be able to look into any account actions.

Additionally, Blizzard does not have to provide evidence when carrying out an account action. They can revoke access to the license at any point if they deem your actions are in violation with their terms (EULA).

Your best bet is to wait for the appeal ticket and if the answer isn’t satisfactory you can open the ticket again. Be aware that an appeal is not a place for a conversation with a staff member; it’s a request for someone new to review the evidence against your account.

3 Likes

Same thing happened to me last night. I got a random permanent ban out of nowhere. I’ve been playing very actively since OW2, and never received any chat silences, warnings or suspensions prior. :confused:

5 Likes

Thanks for the information, I really hope it’s a misunderstanding.

4 Likes

LITERALLY THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME
and only thing blizz says to me is the same as yours
Hope this just a bug cuz I’m played since ow1

4 Likes

Similar thing happened to me last night, got kicked out of the game and sent the permanent suspension email. Wasn’t given any details on what rule i broke and I’ve never been suspended before nor have I gotten any warnings. This seems to have happened to quite a few people, i’ve seen people talk about it on reddit and twitter as well as on here, so hopefully it’s just some kind of weird mishap or something

3 Likes

So odd that the same thing happened to more people, I really hope they’ll be able to solve this for us. :frowning_face:

4 Likes

Same here, I’m completely shocked. I played earlier today and just got the ban email. I’m appealing and really hope I hear back

4 Likes

Same here. Happened last night, no reasoning. :confused:

3 Likes

same here, been playing for years and never received any account warning or anything just all of a sudden banned for season 10 after i just bought the battlepass :frowning: never even spoke in comms , i hope this is just a bug that gets fixed

2 Likes