I petition For a name Change : Hammond

We do not call D.Va “Meka”, Bastion “E38”, Or Orisa “Or15” So why should we call Hammond " Wrecking Ball"

WE DEMAND FOR HAMMOND RIGHT TO A LEGAL NAME! Hammond Is person Equivalent

thank you.
~Matt (Hammond Worshiper)
to petition ---->petition

23 Likes

Actually its MEKA.

And she is called D.Va because her base model is a playable character.

Hammonds base model is not a playable character.

Also Bastion is unique variant of the OR-15.

You can still call him Hammond.

2 Likes

Hammond is not a person tho. and not the actually playable character. Wrecking ball is the hero you play.

What are y’all even on about? You control Hammond, which controls Wrecking Ball. Either way wrecking ball is a terrible naming choice for a hero. So was Brigitte, considering nobody knows how to pronounce her name, lol.

4 Likes

No, but we do call her “D.Va” instead of Hana Song, so isn’t that the same as calling Hammond “Wrecking Ball”?

4 Likes

I think people call him it anyway

The same logic would mean that we should call Mercy Angela instead.
And call Soldier 76 Jack instead.
And call the monkey Winston.
Pft. Yeah right.

3 Likes

I have a feeling that we’ll all still call him Hammond anyway. It’s easier.

Like, in Comp:

“Tracer no Recall. Hammond hacked, Hammond low!”

3 Likes

I agree, calling him Hammond feels far more natural than Wrecking Ball

2 Likes

I wonder if people will say hamster low instead or ham low ham low.

Wouldn’t Orisa’s name actually be OR-15A; almost like military vehicles have a designation like F-14A or F-51C?

Because we call plenty of heroes by their stage/hero names. D.Va’s name is not D.Va either, like Soldier 76, Mercy, Symmetra and many more are not their real names.

Using stage and hero names is what Overwatch has done since the beginning, why stop now? Especially since Hammond became champion of the scrapyard without anyone knowing he’s a hamster. It is pretty much a cover.

I agree to the name change, Hammond is a better name.

https://www.change.org/p/13328069/preview?source_location=header

why are so many people butthurt about the name. He has the name cus that was what he was called in junkertown. Noone really knows him only Winston would know him by his true name

Border line against the guide lines

Yeah i reported it just waitting for it to be taken down now.

2 Likes

I’ll never call him ‘Wrecking Ball’. Rather, I’ll call him ‘Hammond’ or ‘Hamster’.

I rather just call him hamster it seems eaiser. Its not like noone calls Winston Winston everyone just says monkey. or noone calls soldier soldier 76. and etc.