I’m expecting Mauga to be Raum-esque

Long story short, Raum is Paladins newest Tank, whose whole thing is that, “If you’re ever not shooting your gun, your not playing him right.” (Fun fact, I believe with the right loadout one of the people who work on Update Shows for Paladins said you can fire for 20 consecutive seconds before needing to reload)

Stripping his kit to its bare bones, he has an ability that lets him run around in a sort of rampage and knock people around, his alternate fire bypasses the wind up of his mini gun, his Ultimate is just stomping an area in front of him (another fun fact, they also said that you can basically make his Ultimate just another ability pretty much) and he generates extra health for himself by doing damage.

You think Mauga could have anything like this in his kit? Just curious is all

I think he might be roughly based on the heavys in the Retribution event with the double cannons and some sort of charge.

I think lore mentioned he had a personal shield? Though, I could be making that part up. But if he does, hey, maybe he’ll be more like Khan lol

2 Likes

I don’t really see this xferring well to Overwatch considering we already have Bastion
Also I’d be careful about talking about other IPs on a forum specifically dedicated to Blizzard’s IP Overwatch, also because many people won’t really get the context
The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal bodeboop. A sing lap should be completed every time you hear this sound. ding Remember to run in a straight line and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark. Get ready!… Start. ding

:rainbow_flag::frog::musical_note: -vorarose

Oh I definitely see him being like that to, maybe just without a charge

I only drew the line between Mauga and Raum since they both would use mini guns (assuming Mauga does adopt Heavy Assault weaponry) and both seem to have just being very violent and angry as a attribute

Juggernaut is such a unique ability with a neat playstyle. I would love a tank with that.

3 Likes

Same!! Idk what all the doubt is about

1 Like

Oh yes, let’s make a Mauga a literal hecking demon with a minigun. XD

In all seriousness though, I’ve always thought Raum was a metalhead or something. Demons, pulls a gun out of The Abyss, etc.

I mean, doesn’t that sound metal or what?

Oh absolutely, plus when he gets added they’re bringing back the Rise of Furia music pack for purchase so it’s even MORE Metal.

I’m still trying to get over the fact he can fire for up to 20 seconds without reloading if you play your cards right

1 Like

I mean, his personality is already pretty demonlike

2 Likes