I Love How OW Manages to Freeze-

And then I lose 50 SR for it. It started bugging out and not letting me join my group chat, and when we entered the intro screen to competitive, it just froze. It wouldn’t let me do anything else with my commands, but my audio was just fine (I had music on.).

So now I just lost 50 SR over something out of my control and before the game starte, so I didn’t even get to attempt to join back ;).

Feelsgreatman.

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Based on your description, you either disconnected from the game or there is a serious problem with your computer that is freezing up the game. As such I recommend that you check either troubleshooting which applies to you:

If you need additional help, please start a new topic in the Technical Support forum, and provide very careful details about the freezing symptoms. There players like myself or Blizzard Support Agents may be able to lend a hand.