I loathe Hanzo with great intensity

Shooting in a general direction - not even specifically at someones head - shouldn’t result in such a high number of headshots. This would seem to me to be a rational design.

This isn’t about one game or one player - this is a pattern I’m seeing over and over.

Your counter argument is “get gud lol” which doesn’t really address what I’m talking about.

4 Likes

Hanzo’s arrows don’t magically correct themselves mid-flight.

7 Likes

well thats where you’re wrong kiddo. if they were shooting in a random direction, and below the head level, they wouldn’t be getting headshots. you just think “oh everyone says hanzo doesn’t aim, so he must not have to aim” this idea is been so spread across the forum that even trying to explain it to people results in them just ignoring it. if you want to stop getting killed by hanzos, think before you act. don’t just go into a forum and whine about the character because you can’t think of a possible way to counter a hanzo

5 Likes

McCree is a good counter to spamzo in most cases. Especially if you can sneak up on him while he’s facing someone, flash + fan = dead spamzo.

this is easily explained by the difference between client side and server side viewpoints. the reason you see the curve at the end is because the server is correcting the clients info

2 Likes

When OWL games are played on LAN with no latency ? Easily explain that.

3 Likes

I hate Hanzo just as much as the next person but that is kinda how projectile fire works in this game. I know as Zen you can spam corners and as soon as someone peeks their head out they take damage. Its more of a prediction thing and if someone predicts that someone will peek and they do then the Hanzo is good.

5 Likes

Or maybe we could encourage Blizzard to code the game in such a way that simply pointing in the general direction of someone at head-level and left clicking doesnt auto-kill it.

Just a suggestion.

I guess its just the hotbox then. Widow was moving right while hanzo was moving his aim left. perhaps it was just close enough to hit the hitbox? they did revert the hitboxes back after they made them smaller, and I’m pretty sure they don’t want the arrows to float next to the head, so it makes sense that they would just move the model to stick to the head.

1 Like

I should probably clarify i mean the character hitboxes, not the arrows

1 Like

I’m sorry but Hanzo makes beginners look pro.

3 Likes

It doesn’t hit, it intersects which classes as a hit. That’s why the arrows can be so far away from the model hitboxes and still class as a hit as the center of the arrow has nothing to do with the massive log arrow projectile hitbox surrounding the arrow visual.

Also, before “SMALLEST PROJECTILE IN THE GAME”: The projectiles in OW are massive. Hanzo’s just happen to be the fastest ones that do the most damage, can also headshot, can be spammed, have no reload and have an ability that shoots them ultra-rapidly on demand. That’s why HIS projectiles in particular are more of an issue than bunny blaster projectiles or Zarya’s particle cannon balls.

3 Likes

This happens with Widow as well though. If you actually play the character you’ll find it that people run into your reticle weirdly often.

6 Likes

Weirdly enough, (with Widow) you actually have to hit very specific points on an enemy to get a headshot - you know, like the head.

Contrast this with Hanzo who aims in a general direction and scores headshots…like the entire enemy character is one big head.

1 Like

It’s actually harder to intentionally get bodyshots than it is to accidentally get headshots…

1 Like

should they delete all projectile based shots also?

3 Likes

oh I see. You’re just here to vent.

Ok.

5 Likes

Was that an argument? Nope. “Nope” is the correct answer.

Other non-arguments include “get gud lol” and referencing my iLevel in WoW.

I think Widow is much more exposed then Hanzo when shooting:

1. He walks faster when aiming
  2. have a wall hack as cool down ability
  3. can jump with loaded arrow
  4. loads arrows faster then is Widows charging time
  5. now also have a spam ability with 6 arrows which can be used as blind fire
  6. no trace to place from which he shoots
  7. lower (lunge) or no (wall climb) cool downs on mobility skills

All of this helps him in duel with Widow. Only thing Widow has is (IMO) better gun for long range.

2 Likes

wait so you’re telling me that a projectile in this game can can travel fast, headshot for a lot a damage, and be fired repeatedly and quickly? wait, which hero are you talking about, torbjörn, zenyatta, mei, orisa, or genji? Projectile weapons in this game have larger hitboxes than hitscan, because they don’t travel near instantly. lots of other characters can quickly kill the average 200hp hero with headshots, as they do 2x damage for almost every character. also the first paragraph you wrote was pointless, it was a hit, the hitbox of the arrow collides with the head hitbox, so it counts a hit. besides, the hitbox isn’t massive, you can see in the clip that the arrow is right above her shoulder when it moves to stick to her head

4 Likes