I like the Sombra changes

Translocator NEEDS to be invulnerable, it’e the only part of her current kit that’s reliable.

Reverting some of the nerfs is good, but the Worst hero in the game need actual buffs in order to be improved. Simple yes? Infinite stealth and translocator still aren’t enough to warrant the rest of the nerfs.

2 Likes

I mean… That was at least helpful, but… it was still a mass data change…

The least they could do is respond to threads like this, or even confirm if they Are thinking about doing Something With him. :persevere:

and what about the extra animation that plays during her translocation?? Still an unnecessary nerf.

2 Likes

I wanted this more than any of the other points

Yes, actually it is like you describe. :confused: When she was buffed some Reddit/Twitter Posts from Pros in OWL and Contenders went viral stating that she was broken OP, but that was just the case because she was able to straight up counter lots of popular strategies that the Pro Teams were relying on.

it could still be a nerf, but I am just gonna look at it as a skill adjustment until I see otherwise on live. I wish there was something to help her midfight, but so far, the changes geoff just stated is a step in the right direction.

1 Like

No make it invincible. She literally loses options for using it in an offensive way. Making it destructable was a dumb idea in the first place. Her entire kit gets countered by getting tickled.

4 Likes

I’ve been there before, but nowhere near as long as you guys have been. I just wish there was something more we could do for our chirpy little death machine.

2 Likes

It’s too bad that you can’t really even consider this a buff to her infiltration abilities. When her translocator lands it’s much louder, destructible, and much easier for the enemies to hear. You can’t run as fast in stealth, and to top it all off, enemies can now see you from 4M away instead of 2M. This is honestly going to make it 10X harder for me to effectively make it behind the enemy than it is right now, considering the current stealth speed and duration gives me plenty of time to get where I want to be. To be honest, I wouldn’t mind if she wasn’t able to contest… I just feel like she’s an even worse infiltrator than she was before. When they made her stealth infinite, they decided to give players more ways to detect her as compensation, and overall I really can’t see how infinite stealth (considering I’ve never heard a single person complain about her stealth duration anyway) makes up for any of it.

1 Like

i agree i just wasn’t going to say it because some people think it’s OP. That’s probably my least favorite nerf. If they just made it indestructible i’d be okay with these changes (minus the speed decrease)

they are reverting the translocator loudness. they said it will be very quiet

1 Like

Compared to the nerfs of move speed, contesting, and translocator destruction, it is by all accounts a minor detail.

You realize they’re just playing the game where they give us back something small to make everyone believe that they’re now getting the better deal. We’re not. this change still screws us over. you can still list out all the pros and cons to the change and see that the cons still VASTLY outweigh the pros. They barely changed anything!

6 Likes

YES. YES. YES. YES!!

1 Like

It literally works on live that way and i have never ever heard someone complain about that.

They’re reverting the radius and the loudness. Check Geoff’s post in this thread

ya but with being able to destroy it yourself some people think it’s too strong?? idk i want it indestructible

Many thx, Sombra’s my off main when my team won’t let me play Symm and while i like some of these changes, the detection nerf was truly harmful. I’ll miss contesting by juggling translocator and running around invis while team regroups tho… A good Sombra (not me) could hold some points for like 2 minutes doing that.

Really looking forward to preventing people from reloading their guns, you have to be really attentive to notice them doing that tho.

Its only a buff if they revert all the nerfs.

2 Likes

How and why???

It legit saddens me that anyone is reading these changes and think they are now suddenly acceptable tradeoffs when the only important thing they changes was the detection radius. The three largest and most concerning nerfs are still there…

8 Likes