I like the Sombra changes

My bro! you guys are AWESOME, I can’t believe people say you don’t listen and to further prove my point, that Fitz guy just confirmed on a video that if what you want to do is increase Sombra’s accesibility then your changes are the right ones

With this second round I believe Sombra will fall on a much better place that will settle down much of the contempt around the hero AND will allow a lot more people to play her, after all, what was off was her pick rate and not her win rate :wink: grat job as always!

Agreed. There is actually no point in nerfing the speed boost, especially when Sombra is not able to contest an objective. If you would have both, 75% speed boost AND objective contest, you could easily stall points by running around and taking cover until your team arrives. But now we have neither…

2 Likes

How about this idea for contesting while invisible.

Let Sombra contest objectives while invisible, but add a large cooldown to stealth & translocator if she takes a hit while contesting AND invisible. That would give a risk/reward aspect to it, and the player would have to decide if they want to risk getting damaged while invisible contesting and getting that long cooldown, which could spell death quickly as you are out in the open.

This is only if Sombra is contesting AND invisible. I like that idea because it puts tension and risk on the player. You COULD contest while invisible, but if they just spray the area with bullets and hit you then you are a sitting duck. So it’s a risky tactic.

It’s barely an improvement over what we just had an people are rejoicing like its Christmas and all of their problems are solved. It’s like they forgot about all the other huge issues at play.

3 Likes

Honestly. The only nerf i think is warranted is no ability to contest.

Well, the “Bastion is being forgotten” thread, is currently the fourth largest on the forum, and currently The largest thread without a Dev response. :confused:

To check, just click the “replies” Button, on the top right of the main General discussion page.

Kinda sad when you can see all the others having in-depth responses, and know that the biggest thread made about your main to date, hasn’t even had A: “We’re working on something” Or anything… Not even a hint.

It’s been over a year since we had concrete discussion between the players, and the devs, about this situation.

Don’t get me wrong, i love that Sombra is being addressed… But yea.
We’ve been waiting for a while… :confounded:

1 Like

I just want my abilities to not be cancelled by a stiff breeze…

2 Likes

you need to start listening to the people you love to quote, the changes were right but needed improvements, said by both Danteh and Fitz, here are the improvements!

Didn’t think you guys would change her anymore before pushing her live, but I’m happy to say I stand corrected.

They literally did not listen. There were like 3 giant elephants in the room and they made sure to put the dog in the other room before the guests arrived.

Which is a home made problem and born out of nesessity because they wanted to make it infinite instead of reasonable things, like increasing the duration for a few seconds which would have achieved the same thing.

no, not forgotten. It’s a sign of hope that they atleast care and are paying a little more attention

No both Danteh and Fitzy both suggested to revert all of the PTR changes.

1 Like

These are great changes, and I’m glad you’ve listened somewhat to the complaints Sombra mains have been making. I just have two tiny requests that I hope you implement along with these changes:

-Revert the change that allows enemies to destroy Translocator
or
-Allow Translocator to stick to any surface

and

-Decrease decloak/cloaking speed.
or
-Add a damage threshold to Invis

Currently, it’s not too hard to find an enemy Sombra’s translocator, and there’s not a LOT of clever ways to hide it. I think that the destructible Translocator is still too much of a nerf to make Translocator feel better, so either removing it or making Translocator more flexible would make up for it big time.

Invisibility overall still feels slower and combined with the decloak/cloaking speeds it just feels really slow now. Reducing the time it takes to enter/exit Invis would help her initiate those ‘perfect moments’ even better and more reliably as well as give Sombra a better chance to react to someone decloaking her from Invis. OR now that it’s infinite invis, adding a damage threshold to it would be a great choice now so that random unfocused damage no longer interrupts her, with the decreased speed in invis it’s harder to dodge damage than it is on live so therefore it’s easier to get decloaked. I feel like either one of these changes is a fair trade off for the decreased speed and no longer contesting objectives, currently, I don’t think the perma invis is enough to make up for the mobility loss and removal of stall.

1 Like

Oh they did listen, they listened to the huge amount of people who was enjoying Sombra on PTR and they listened to the pros who requested for further adjustments, the fact that you refuse to accept these changes are clear proof that:

1. you have no idea what you’re talking about
  2. you dislike change
1 Like

I dont want to be a negatice nancy, but does anyone else feel like this wont change much for Sombra? :frowning:

Dont get me wrong, its a step on the right direction, but she needs her 2s shot during hack removed.

1 Like

I actually do not see them going back on what they’ve done and reverting it back to 75% that’s why I’d wish they at least push it up, of course I want the old 75% back.

Reverting the detection radius is huge and that was my biggest concern about these changes. Also kudos for making hack interrupt reload.

I understand you want to balance her out appropriately and that’s why speed in stealth is nerfed. But maybe you could make it so for the first 6 seconds she retains 75% and then it falls to 50%. Or alternatively, meet in the middle at 60-65% or something. A lot of people have pointed out that her speed on PTR limits her ability to jump gaps like she can on live, and this way the fluidity of her movement wouldn’t be ruined and she won’t be forced to utilize TL to move across.

The other thing is making TL invincible again. If that’s completely off the table though, consider upping its HP to like 20-30 so it can’t be destroyed by random damage.

I still don’t agree with taking out the ability to contest in stealth or the speed nerf, but if you’d make a few more tweaks I think it would leave Sombra in a slightly better spot than she is currently.

DDE ARE WE THE SAME PERSON?! Everything you’ve said i agree with.

Please. This and the 75% speed increase and i’ll be k with these changes. i don’t want 4 nerfs for 2 unnecessary buffs. Hell, they’ll probably be complained about and get nerfed anyway

4 Likes