I like Sombra but how can she be buffed?

Enroll in Zarya’s Get Pumped Program.

It would fix nothing and not help her at all, but I want the ability to stick a translocator to the back of enemies.

Brother I don’t think I could be anymore pumped that I am right now.

Well then welcome to the gun show.

I don’t know what to give her dawg, I just want to see more of her. I love Sombra dude.

Sombra is tricky as to buff her, you need to adjust her Hack, but that is her core ability… Many people want to make her kill potential more consistent, but to do that, it means they have to nerf her utility.

December 15th Edit: Here are my suggestions Somvra's suggestions for Sombra. 💟

/End Edit.

Hacking a target successfully grants temporary shields?

Give back the 0.1 second LoS forgiveness on hack. Sombra used to be able to hack tracer mid-blink with that, as well as hack Genji even while he spammed double-jump.

2 Likes

No. That causes problems all over the place.

Do you have some examples?

Yes it ignored all the sheild abilites that would go up and still complete hack. That’s why it was removed.

What do you want to do. Ride an enemy Orisa to her spawn?

1 Like

I mean, that would be pretty neat tho.

1. Better hack visual . Your ally’s color does not show with hack - it shows the enemy’s utility affects which makes no sense. How are you supposed to see subtle cybernetic waves on the enemy? It should either be your ally’s colors to clearly contrast, or a sugar skull over the enemy.

2. Faster reload or Translocating reloads . It would help when you are about to secure a kill but have to reload, or if they turn a corner - you can get those clutch kills without breaking her presence in a teamfight. If you translocate to reload, you give away your position and have no escape for a few seconds.

3. Bug fixes . Hack still has a fun little bug where my hack will start on an enemy, and one of their teammates that passes by ends up taking over the hack and it finishes on the wrong target. Hack literally transfers mid-cast . It’s stupid.

If those aren’t enough, I’d be willing to nerf hack’s cast time a bit so we can buff her elsewhere.

3 Likes

I like that man, I like you. You know the hero.

lol thanks :smile:

I play a LOT of heroes and genuinely love 90% of the entire roster. I always try to look at changes in what it will affect when I am not the one playing Sombra, but on the receiving end.

Better hack visuals to help teammates follow through at lower ranks.

3 Likes

Sombra’s certainly not weak, but she’s just way too team dependent for anything below GM. Only in chaotic games where neither team works together she works pretty well on her own (so everything outside of comp).

Sombra is fantastic and borderline oppressive at higher ranks. Buffing her even a little bit could make her downright overpowered up there. Her strength lies in teamwork and communication. She’s not meant to be dealing tons of damage. Not having a damage medal with Sombra is completely normal. You can still have a huge impact on your team. There is very little counterplay to her hacks/EMP, so it’s a delicate balance with her. She’ll never be great at low- or mid-ranks, so we can’t use her experience there as justification for any changes.

This is a good idea, though, especially for people who aren’t in voice chat.

again, my proposition to rework sombra: