I hope there isn't an update this week

Hahaha, you’d be being furious for no reason, because they never promised anything.

1 Like

Sorry, but you don’t come out with something like that as a developer when you don’t fully intend to bring it out when you suggest. People have waited months for a word out of them, and when they finally give a week as a window for release of information and miss it, they’d better expect the backlash they damn well deserve.

1 Like

It’s pretty clear he used the word "should" here to compensate for the fact that he can’t make explicit promises about these things because things may not go as planned.

No, of course. That can’t be the case. He knew they wouldn’t be able to meet the “deadline” that he “set” purely to make certain members of the community such as yourself angry. Only malicious intents here.

1 Like

I especially like the way you demine the sword by describing it as nothing more than just some thing you can win at a state fair. Really lets that bias SHINE!

The fact that he uses weasel words to allow himself an “out” if it turns out he lied to us doesn’t hide the fact that he announced a window of time and it looks like he’s failing to keep to it. If I don’t intend to keep to a schedule, I don’t announce a schedule, and I don’t expect people to be more understanding just because I employed words designed merely to save my own hide if I screw it up.

He didn’t lie, jesus christ. They got delayed, meaning something didn’t go as planned. He was telling the truth as well as he knew it at that time. Stop villainising him for no good reason.

And he didn’t “announce a window of time” either, he gave an ETA, or an estimated time of arrival.

Also going to mention that it’s not a “weasel” word, it’s a word to compensate for the possibility that things don’t go to plan. As it turns out they didn’t so now you can’t hold it against him because he never made a concrete promise.

3 Likes

He gave the team an entire week to prepare just to release information they’ve already recorded. Let that sink in. It’s as simple as pressing a button, and if the PTR isn’t ready, well, he never said anything about releasing a new PTR this week, so that’s something they could easily say will be delayed until next Tuesday, but there’s no excuse for not keeping to the announcement and releasing the information when it’s so dead simple to do.

I said weasel word, and will stick to that, and I very much can hold it against them if they fail to deliver because we all know perfectly well he just employed that word to save his own behind if things didn’t go as planned. The part he wanted us all to see back when he wrote it was “dev diary next week!” and now that it appears not to be coming they’re going to pretend like that never happened and only quote one word no one cared about at the time.

Fact is, he took time out of his day to tell us “next week” at a time when there were several active threads about the devs’ silence because he knew we’d believe it and that it’d shut us up about it, and if it doesn’t come when he said then we gave them the peace and quiet they wanted on the forum under false pretenses.

There, fixed it for you.

the update got delayed and its delay has nothing to do with the very cool plastic sword.

He did mentioned that the Developer Update was supposed to be pushed along with the PTR patch.
Which is not working like how they want it to work, so they are pushing it back to Friday.

And even that it subjected to change.

Anybody else got a bunch of worms in their mouth?

1 Like

Developer updates should be every week

You people. So funny. It will probably be all about Overwatch League. Its like a bunch of kids hopeful they get that special gift at the top of their Christmas list, only to open the box and all of them find underwear with a collective gasp.

He actually did.

D.gray-man…

Although i can overlook that because i believe the mangaka has issues with her rist after a accident.

Togashi (hunter x hunter mangaka) on the other hand is probably playing a bunch dragon quest (i’m joking…maybe)

Also i can’t wait for volume 19 of noragami later this year, it’s finally returning.

What can you say week on week though? Monthly or bi-weekly would be best.

It’s a little ridiculous! We all sit and wait, and they release a sword that is uber expensive… Come on, Blizz! We need our update!

You sir have won the internet.

Every week Bungie has something to say, I’m sure Blizzard could to if they wanted