I hope the Reaper rework comes sooner then later

That is not about Venture.
But if I compare the newer heroes with their kits.
They have so much abilities and passives.
Primary fire, secondary fire, horizontal and vertical movement etc.

And Reaper?
Yeah, Shadowstep the worst ability in the game.

2 Likes

Despite his cons, i find reaper very satisfying to play. Easy mechanics but hard to get proper value out of.

If they reworked the shadowstep into something else, i’d be happy to leave the rest of his kit as is.

Imagine if shadowstep damaged everyone between where you started and where you end up, with the teleporting being a little faster on top of that it could be a fun gimmick.

Or a tiny burst of aoe damage when he activates wraith form.

What kind of an ability or adjustment would you like to see for the shadowstep?

1 Like

I hope the rework removes his lifesteal so i can play winston without having to tiptoe around reaper.

2 Likes

One does not simply tiptoe around Reaper.

1 Like

I hope they leave Reaper to rot. I do not want their filthy hands on my baby girl.

I can still play winston into reaper it’s just that i have to be slightly more passive and pretty much be glued to any high ground thats available.

I agree, Shadowstep is way too outdated.
The rest is okay.

Two simple steps to improve shadowstep:

1. Speed up the animation. Simple. Why this hasnt been done yet is beyond me.
  2. Allow reaper to begin the animation while in wraith. He can still be damaged when the animation starts before he actually moves.

Was that so hard devs? If venture can have his burrow immortality on an 8 second cool down, reaper should be more than fine with that upgrade.

Wistful thinking. The rework will prolly just make me dislike playing Reaper anymore (I have his golden gun). Cause its Blizz.

1 Like

Be careful what you wish for, blizzard reworks are not all that great. Orisa is making people lose their minds, doomfist was questionable, torb is straight up worse, sym 3.0 has been a massive failure.

1 Like

torbs rework is perfect imo.

1 Like

As a torb player, I would much rather have pre-rework torb.

Yeah, Winston is certainly playable against reaper. It becomes a problem when they have reaper, plus other counters

Guess, I can wait for season 11 or 12 for my Reaper rework…

Well the ball rework came very quickly so there’s that