I haven't change heroes or playstyles for 3 seasons and my SR has varied 1650-2350

That’s… a weird thing, to be honest. Perhaps I’m just too dumb, but it doesn’t make any sense. Neither its existence, nor why you… okay, I see why you want it here, but it still doesn’t make much sense.

I’m betting I could’ve eeked out 2501sr with clever queuing. but with the MMR formula for all to see, maybe the goose would have been the gander.

the thing about my “peak” is that I would be playing with higher rated people that I rarely ever seen in my game, on both teams. It’s time to hunker down in those types of games. And since SR isn’t super accurate, I really didn’t have such a concrete opportunity.

how else is Overwatch going to make matches for you? they could just queue up the first 12 people that enter Competitive and count win percentage alone. So people who are around 2350sr would have around a 50% win percentage. And people in Bronze would have like a 25% overall win percentage. Instead of asking what “rank” you were, people would just ask, “What’s your overall win percentage.” and that would tell others how good you were at overwatch. you’d have to have a minimum amount of games aswell.

but we don’t want pee-wees mixed up with College kids in baseball or overwatch. So baseball has age groups and Overwatch has MMR

Mmm-hm. Educational enough. Even though I have no idea how it makes games and what’s so important in “what’s your…” questions. It just makes them and at worse I’m failing to get out of the spawn room because there is always that particular son of a gun who prevents me from doing it as any character.

20 characters required

2 Likes

if you can’t get past diamond, you’re not improving

I’ll decide what I need to know about MMR tyvm

I don’t know what gave you the impression that I subscribed to Cuthbert’s theories.

20 characters required

2 Likes

Exactly. He just needs to improve himself and he’ll be able to climb. He’s even had multiple high-ranked people offer to help him via VoD review.

you said all I gotta do is try and I’ll win, well what’s your excuse that you can’t get passed diamond?

you don’t get to tell me how I can feel. If you think my feelings are irrational and unjust, well, that’s just like your opinion, man.

I am not arguing severity, I am arguing existence.

and none of them should imho

they can make it non exploitable

yeah sorry I misspoke. Knowing every little think that MMR is doing isn’t necessary, but it would be nice.

if you’d like to talk over voice comms, I’d prefer that over correspondence.

*past

*thing

Your post count indicates otherwise.

Your SR variance is explained by your lack of consistency and lack of willingness to improve yourself. To climb you don’t need anything past improving yourself.

these are all excellent reasons for publishing the MMR forumla

Too bad it’s not your property and it doesn’t matter how much you demand that people give you their property. :rofl:

another great reason to publish the MMR formula!

Too bad it’s not your property and it doesn’t matter how much you demand that people give you their property. :rofl:

20 characters required

2 Likes

I’ll be glad to talk in depth and in excruciating detail about lots and lots and lots of topics. But have yet to find one that I’m willing to write extensively and laboriously about.

CryingEcho was right, you really are just farming post count.

2 Likes

This just means the match-making is poor. If it wasn’t poor, your rank would differentiate from maybe 2150 - 2350.

The match maker needs to be able to understand things such as the following:

What heroes can the players on your team play.
What heroes can the players on the opposing team play.
Which heroes do each player play most often.
Which heroes do each player play most often that does really well.
How often are the heroes played by players on each team killed by the heroes on the opposing team.

Would matches take a lot longer to put together? Yes. Who cares?

If you want quick matches, go play QP.

20 characters required.

1 Like

Look for ELO on wiki

Its really good for 1 v 1 games like chess but for team games where you rely on team works its not so accurate. Not even mentionning different heroes that is another variable

Individual Hero SR check this out and let me know what you think