I have never seen this many hackers/cheaters in ow1

But I am seeing it a lot in ow2. Anything from wall hacks, all ways aim for the head (even if the player is not visible), all ways body hits, missed shots still count as a hits. Bullets will go through players causing zero damage, shoot through walls. Decrease damage done by you, and or Increase damage done through hacking

This is just a small handful of the hacks that are available to any player.
In my whole time in ow1 I have only met a total of 3 hackers, and their accounts got shut down pretty fast. On ow"2" hackers more often than not get ignored. Yes I am talking about obvious cheating.

Bring back the game I payed for, you know that og ow1. less delays more andiles

1 Like

Game’s gone F2P so it’s to be expected sadly, there is no barrier to entry/financial cost anymore to being banned on an account.

There won’t be any meaningful action from Team 4 against cheaters unless there’s a huge decrease in the money spent by players. Dealing with cheaters is expensive, and Overwatch 2 is already a financial failure as it is let alone with a dedicated anticheat team. New account in minutes so cheaters can exist so cheaply in your lobbies there’s practically no barrier. Vote with your wallet and time.

1 Like

I have noticed more cheaters, some of them very obvious for the first time and i’ve played the game since launch of OW1… this is the first time I will admit its significant.

1 Like

Cheating spread like wildfire since the pandemic, lots of people have turned to cheats because the reality is they couldn’t be good without many years of grinding and very few players are actually willing to do that. But why do that when there’s no risk in cheating and cheats are so cheap and readily available? Exactly…right now there are cheaters even in games like Valorant that people trust because of some high end anticheat which btw is a massive security hole.

There’s some AI-based anticheat software in the works, but I don’t know if that will do much. Most likely it’ll work for a few weeks (hopefully months) until cheat developers figure out how to fool it just like with standard anticheat software. At this point it wouldn’t even surprise me if people at various companies in the game industry actively help cheat developers by telling them about ban waves and exploitable code in game engines. Crunch, low salaries, and dismal management may well push some to make a few extra buckaroos by helping cheat developers.

INB4 a forum dweller with a small package condescendingly informs you that cheating is not an issue, every decision the Devs has made is fool-proof and, you’re a delusional, conspiratorial lazy addicted player who will not improve himself.

1 Like

Replays?

1 Like

The main problem the number of the smurfs and boosters. There are too many of them. I got smurfs or boosters every second match and I couldn’t climb.

If it’s true that you have them in both teams so it’s the same as usal, only YOU is the problem if you can’t climb.

1 Like

I’m not naive and I don’t believe in miracles. The game has too many elo boosted accounts. Account boosting is allowed for streamers if they call it “Unranked to GM Educational”. It’s unacceptable. Dafran said that in the past he boosted a lot of accounts for money.

How’s unranked to GM account boosting??

Yes defran boosted accounts in the past.

These 2 things are not linked.

Because a few streamer does this challenge too frequently than usual. Why? Because everything revolves around money in my opinion. Secondly they ruined tons of games in lower rank.

I agree it’s lazy, over done and boring content. But it’s neither boosting or against the rules.

But you’re a content creator and that’s what gets views, you kind of have to follow suit sadly.

If people stopped watching it, the algorithm would push other content and the cc would be pushed to make other things. But, ur2gm is a safe bet.