I have a game chat issue

Basically game chat doesn’t work on my Xbox. It used to be the case where it would work occasionally for short periods like a week, then it would just stop for like a month. For just over a year now it hasn’t worked at all, friend said it was probably an issue with my headset and should get a new one, got one, still didn’t fix the issue.

I’ve tried following a few online help guides that other people said worked but haven’t had any luck so far, and I’m kinda stumped.

Wasn’t particularly an issue since party chat on Xbox has always worked and never had a problem with that. But now my squad has moved to pc and lack of comms is making it harder for me to rank up, and low key making the game less enjoyable.

I can hear other people absolutely fine just can’t say anything.

Any ideas on what can cause this kind of thing? And also how to fix it would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Just for clarity: game chat is the text window, game voice chat is the audio. Did you also move to PC? Or still playing with them from your console?

1 Like

Yes your absolutely right, which is a prime example of how much I suck at this kind of thing lol so yeah it’s the voice game chat :slight_smile:

Okay, but again, are you playing on PC now or still on console? The platform determines the troubleshooting methods.

Sorry it’s on Xbox haha

Okay, it sounds like your headset is working, but not fully.

• Have you made sure it’s a supported model for the Xbox?
  • What region/country are you located in?
  • Have you done a reset on the console?

Unfortunately, our options for troubleshooting are limtied since this seems like a configuration issue on your console itself. Sometimes Microsoft can assist with this, too.

Ok so I managed to fix the issue by change in game audio options from “auto join” to “on”, then the batteries fell out my controller mid game and it stopped working again haha… but it’s progress lol I’m going to restart the system and try again tomorrow, thanks a lot for your help I really appreciate it :slight_smile:

1 Like