I hated being told to swap to Mercy as an Ana main

Maybe you’re just bad at Mercy lul.

4 Likes

Honey, when both Ana and Mercy become balanced you’ll want to play bastion, you know why? because you love playing underpowered heroes and complaining about them on the forums :stuck_out_tongue:

Either way, your statistics are heavily skewed, for example, statistically bastion does more damage than say, mccree, does that mean anything on his balance state? most likely not, same goes for your so called numbers, great job trying to play the victim though

1 Like

Your main is torb in qp. You have more time with both Moira and Mercy than you do Ana in this comp season. 9 hours compared to your 20 minutes on Ana.

Why do you gotta lie to make a thread?

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m really (disliking) your posts a lot.

r/iamverysmart

4 Likes

Just say no and move on. It is just a game.

/theend

1 Like

You can’t really argue with logic and math on these forums, it’s too much for most people here.

1 Like

plat

didnt even read

Yes, tell them Sovereign!

Those people you are talking about will jump on the Mercy hate bandwagon every time while turning a blind eye to factual, reasonable evidence of why Mercy is not okay.

1 Like

different comps need different teammates if ur teammated wanted a tank heavy comp i think u should go ana you need to accept the fact that different comps need different healers to work you just cant play mercy all the time now

1 Like

Imagine how I feel whenever I want to play Hammond.

if you want to play Pikachu, then play Pikachu :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Always did but constantly hearing the whining is annoying.

The simple truth is, nothing you or those youtubers do will make them reverse course. I’ve been thinking a lot about this, and the thing I keep coming back to is that they can’t reverse her without very publicly losing face.

They reworked her not based on the people who enjoyed her, but based on the grievances of those who hated her. In particular several high-profile streamers and later OWL pros who didn’t want to hunt her down and then complained when she ‘Undid their hard work’. I think by now it’s been established that it was total overkill to totally rework Mercy when tweaks to Mass Resurrection would have solved the immediate problem of some players disengaging and waiting for their team to die.

If Blizzard gives any validity to the points that a lot of Mercy players are raising, then they also admit to having solely catered to a particular segment of the playerbase with the rework and that their feedback wasn’t sufficiently diverse because it was solely based on hearing from players who value getting kills as the highest form of skill in Overwatch. Which means that they would also be publicly admitting to ignoring the huge amount of Mercy players who didn’t agree that kills are everything, and since Mercy is the most popular hero in the game, that would create a lot of bad press.

So I don’t know what else you or the other players who really want Mercy looked at can do. The math is on your side, absolutely but when it comes to corporations like Activision Blizzard, the presentation of competence and control is paramount. Reversing the Mercy rework means the Overwatch senior developers and leads would be admitting to having failed at both. So sadly, I wouldn’t hold out much hope.

2 Likes

They’ve already lost face lol.

Have you seen some of the articles that have followed Mercy’s rework over the past year?

The public probably believes Overwatch encourages sexism, harassment, death threats and bullying lol

1 Like

Another typical corporate way of dealing with that stuff is to try to silence it to death. Just keep on and let Marketing drown out the discord with new promos and campaigns.

I think it’s fair to say that yes, they’ve lost face with the part of the player base that visits the forums, reddit or fansites like Blizzardwatch who’ve raised these issues. But look at how all those channels are now only filled with deafening silence when it comes to the Overwatch team.

They are keeping their heads down until the Blizzcon and OWL season 2 marketing machine can amply draw in new customers.

1 Like

Ignoring Res for Mercy is the same as ignoring barrier for Reinhardt or Blink for Tracer to make them look underpowered.
Also, Objective Kills? Using that as a valuable stat is a real stretch.

By the way “this month” data is no longer valid because of the latest balance patch. Would be better to use “this weak” until a month passes since the update.

2 Likes

Funny enough in his math thread, me and a few others have done exactly that to show him how off his “logic” really is.

Ana and mercy’s win rate in gold is about the same… ana has WAY more utility and prevents healing on enemy targets. Mercy sort of just pockets dps now and not much more and her ultimate is hot garbage.

As for players in bronze having sub 50 percent win rate there is a simple reason for that. A good portion of bronze players end up having to face people with higher sr. A 900 SR player will probably be put into a 1200 SR match so of course they wont hav a 50/50 shot of winning that match coupled with the fact that a good portion of bronze players are throwing to see how low they can go.

People like bacontotem there is a sub 500 SR demographic out there.

Sucks? I still go Mercy and most people don’t have an issue with it. You may be getting unlucky or suffering from confirmation bias.

That didn’t stop me seasons 1-3 and it shouldn’t stop you or any other Mercy player.

You think very highly of these posts… sigh.

You can’t be serious…

You’re not taking resurrection into account, yet you are saying mathematically and 100% objectively offers less than other healers.

You have to understand that you must take it into account. You yourself say that death is the most effective form of CC. Well, Mercy is the only hero that can negate deaths.

Yet it deserves no mention in this post. It’s almost like you have an agenda and are creating these statistics to fit your narrative on purpose.

So, we’ve established this is anything but 100%, mathematical, or objective. Excellent.

You use your classic “math doesn’t lie” line.
I don’t know if you’ll ever understand just how false that claim is in the context of statistics.
I’m curious, what formal mathematical training have you had? Do you have a degree? Because it really seems like you don’t know the fundamentals.

Proper mathematics and statistical analysis. When you analyze the supports I want you to, you know, actually analyze them. Not “analyze them except for one of the most important parts of Mercy’s kit.”

They do when they are properly represented and created.

I am beginning to think you feel a bit too strongly on this issue. So much so that I think any mathematics or statistics you do are necessarily biased. Even if you aren’t trying to be.

I’ve been pointing out your flaws and you haven’t replied yet.
I haven’t given up on illustrating that INCLUDING DAMAGE AND ELIMINATIONS, BUT NOT INCLUDING RESURRECTIONS IN YOUR ANALYSIS OF THE SUPPORTS IS NECESSARILY BIASED AGAINST MERCY AND HER MAIN UTILITY

Proper statistical analysis.

It’s okay for Mercy to not be the best. It’s okay for Mercy to be niche. It’s okay for the meta to not favor Mercy. Accept that this is the price you pay for 1 tricking Mercy.

I had this same issue awhile back, so I learned the other supports. Trust me, Lucio is very, very fun.

3 Likes

Wow, someone takes themselves a bit too seriously :confused:

Regardless I do agree with you; mercy should at least get some QoL changes