I gotta say the Devs did listen

A D.Va skin for Halloween.
A flying Dutchman skin for Sigma.
And Werwolf-Winston.

Those suggestions came up a lot in the forums talking about the Halloween-Event.
So, I guess they did listen.

48 Likes

Sad that they listen to suggestions about skins and nothing else.

40 Likes

Stop being a baby, at least the skins and event are “free”

15 Likes

I’d say less than 1% of gameplay suggestions on the forums are well-though-out and actually practical or actionable. They listen to all of it; They just don’t implement bad ideas.

Skin requests have no bearing on gameplay and are easily actionable. We can’t balance the game by popular demand, though, or the game would be totally wrecked.

57 Likes

There’s a girl with an Orisa avatar on this site that has wanted an ugly or unconventional DVA skin for years. I hope she’s happy.

1 Like

I don’t wanna be bias here but I’ve been wanting a genji halloween skin for a while now and there’s literally already one in the comics that they could simply give to us.

3 legendary skins revealed and there’s usually 4 or 5 so I have hope

6 Likes

Sombra ( PTR 2018 ) / 90% bad feedback

Symm is trash for ~ 1 year / a lot suggestions to buff her, revert her

Brig got deleted / a lot suggestions about it from players

Mei got deleted / a lot suggestions about it from players

I don’t think that it is less than 1 % of gameplay suggestions

9 Likes

After the moira reworks they put on the exc, I wouldn’t be surprised if they internally tested 75% of what the forums request tbh

d.va was without Halloween skin for 4 years. she should also get one for xmas

I’m sure they test a lot of things even if they don’t seem like good ideas. That wouldn’t surprise me. I think people are expecting the devs to talk about every single thing they try, though, which isn’t realistic.

4 Likes

The playerbase has enough crazy people to suggest literally everything under the sun. There’s very little the devs can do without accidentally implementing someone’s suggestion.

2 Likes

Very fitting for Sigma though

A lot of requests are just out of this world imo

But I also still think Blizz puts a lot of effort in testing what the community seems to want

For that, Blizzard has my respect, even if they fail to communicate anything at all

You under estimate how many bad ideas the forums come up with.

4 Likes

If they really did listen…
where’s Genji’s skin?

3 Likes

They didn’t listen because they still haven’t made the harvester Genji skin that they teased in the 2nd Halloween Event comic

The same place as the victory pose/highlight intro that shows that Symmetra actually has a golden gun

2 Likes

Free if you are into gambling, and wasting your life essentially.

Something I’d like y’all to remember… is that some skins take more than a year to develop and implement. So discussions from a year ago or more are likely more influential than this years "hey this character should have… "

Have patience, understand the process. Just because your requests aren’t immediately implemented doesn’t mean they aren’t listening.

2 Likes

You ignore the fact that they do listen to the most loud and whiny of streamers. They balance the game based on how mush they complain. That is even worse than the suggestions from the forum.