I Got Banned? Why?

I never use curse words in chat or VC. I am just nice or don’t say anything at all. I don’t think I ever did anything that deserved a ban. I would appreciate some response back, but I know it is unlikely to get unbanned. I just wanted to make this post in case anyone else feels they were just randomly banned without warning.

11 Likes

Hmm, leaving a lot of comp games, bm’ing through emotes or just voice line/emote spam in general, typing gg at the end of every game (as ridiculous as it is, people do report for this), maining a disliked hero or onetricking into counters.

Technically none of the above should get you banned but I’m just tossing out guesses.

5 Likes

I know this all too well. Remember pre S9 Hanzo?

We all remember.

3 Likes

support ticket my guy, check your email for explanation as well. you dont just get randomly perma banned in this game unless you’re a cheater. you get warned, silenced, suspended a few times, then get banned.

3 Likes

So, they no longer mute people? Just straight up ban?

Check your e-mail. Plus no one on the forum can help you.

Seems Defense Matrix is working overtime. Wonder what’s really causing the bans. Aside from cussing, that is.

Playing a disliked hero, in addition to the capability of other players abusing the report system, will lead to unnecessary bans

Don’t like the enemy team player that keeps owning you with widow? Just report him

Don’t like that hanzo on your team that won’t swap?
Just report him

Don’t like that player that instantly leaves voice chat because you try and work as a team?
Just report him

Once enough reports are tallied, they instantly get banned, and its sad because blizzard will NEVER reprimand players who abuse the reporting system.

In doubt?
Report him

Don’t like my post?
Report me.

Sad reality and product of snowflakes who want to control the internet. It’s no coincidence they are named BLIZZARD… simply nothing but a bunch of snowflakes working as one

Don’t get me wrong. You say unnecisarrily toxic stuff, drop F bombs, SAY THE N WORD, and you deserve to be banned. But saying things that you would hear literally at any sporting event, little league baseball even, and you get the manner hammer

7 Likes

you prob got angry and said some crazy sh ,or at least thats what i would normally believe …

but recently i also noticed more and more people reporting just to be vindictive , literally out of nowhere and for no obv reason .im quite sure this tracer that was in my team a couple games ago got reported by a duo and i have no idea why

If the players just do not like you for any reason and report you (ex: you played widow, you did well versus their team, you struggled in your own team, they do not like the color of your character).
They can order the AI moderators bots to punish you.
That is how it is.

It would have to be something that doesn’t deserve perma banning, so good guesses, I guess.

That’s what I was wondering, and I rarely use voice like everyone else. Sometimes I use it but I’m not being mean or anything.

I don’t even think whoever reported me wanted me to be perma banned, or at least expected as such. The irony is now that the report system itself is now a toxic tool.

Sorry, but do you think it’s worthy of being permanently banned?

So if you make a slip up in the games trying to get better with heroes in QP or rank up before seasons end, like playing tank for the first time, or first time in a long time, you are at serious risk that duo’s etc will report you? I think everyone has been the reason why they lost a round or match on several occasions.

I got suspended like maybe a year ago. Only cheaters should be permanently banned like I have. I made a ticket, but they just copy pasted what they sent me before.

That is not worthy of permanent ban. I would accept a week or something due to shotty ban bot. This delicate system that can get you permanently banned undeservingly, encourages cheats so you might play better and then the fact that you might get banned anyways for something else LOL. Ridiculous.

Even people I have reported (unless I suspected them of hacking), I did not want them to be banned forever.

Sometimes is not only toxic comms that can get u banned.

I personally report everyone that as not yet chosed an hero when all the doors open for AFK

Think I’ve fallen foul of these.

They don’t tell you anything.

So if you play with 4 other friends

That doesn’t deserve a perma ban.

…True

The community is happy to have you here, thank you for your service

CS staff don’t read the forums. Open a ticket with them and ask them directly.

You may get some automated responses, but persevere.

One of my bans was for complaining about a DPS that didn’t pick in comp, after we lost the first fight 4v5 I say “oh no wonder we lost this idiot didn’t pick a hero”. Well surprise he was part of a 4 stack, they told me he “was just going to the bathroom” then the guy finally picked right before he would’ve got DCed. The stack raged at me all match.

They even lied in the allchat, told the enemy team I was using racial slurs and to report me.

Literally as soon as that match finished I got the “disconnected by BattleNet services” screen and a notice that I was suspended.

1 Like

Honestly is frustating specially in defense in Hybrid maps, we just give the attackers the most important fight.

Simply avoid to say too much, and use the report button for AFK, you’ll have your reward next day: ‘Thank you for your repport…’

man makes a post asking for help because Blizzard dropped the ball (again)
Trickster licks Blizzard’s boot instead of addressing what happened

It’s every time, either respond with something substantive or leave

How do you do this exactly? Huh? Explain.

?!

So you go defending in hybrid, u get in position to defend, the match starts and the attacked come and win first figh because your tank has not yet picked his hero. There is an option to report for AFK, is intended for those cases