I find unranked to GM streams inspiring

Because it shows me that there is no BS like elo hell, or being stuck cause of bad teammates. I just have to get good. Everytime I want to blame teammates I just look at all the streamers and their alts and I have to think “They carried their team because they are good.” What do you guys think?

19 Likes

Dude, I am T500. And I have one alt account named Bestion so . . .

But I think elo hell is more complex than that.

9 Likes

You can absolutely blame your team team in certain matches. However, that focus is not healthy, and if ur stuck for a very long time u can only blame yourself.

12 Likes

Yeah certain games its not your fault. But in the majority of games…

1 Like

yes - if you are good enough, you will easily climb to where you belong. these silvers saying that they are stuck there due to smurfs, bad teammates and throwers have no idea what they are talking about

3 Likes

The only consistent factor in a game is you. And the only thing you can really improve upon over time. Is yourself. everyone had to deal with bad teammates when climbing. But they were good enough to get past that and climb.

3 Likes

That’s the best thing I’ve seen in a while.

Also, I need to know since you have a bastion only account; how tf do you deal with pirate ship and bunker comps when your team won’t coordinate? Baztion feels so bad to play against in low elk because with a mercy and a shield and self heal— he feels unkillable.

I’ve lost to bastion comps so many times, he really just triggers me now :weary: but I know he’s not actually op— I just suck at dealing with turret comps. It tilts me so bad to be spammed by bullets, finally kill him, just to have mercy pop Rez and you can’t kill the mercy cuz the bastion is protecting her too and it’s just not a fun time

3 Likes

I dont think it exists tho. Ur there one tricking Bastion, cause u are a GM+ Bastion.

Yep, but I think if you’re stuck in a rank during a long time you could have more difficulties for grinding.

1 Like

And the matchmaker. You know the thing what decides who will get in your and who will get in your enemies team, the thing what supposedly is there to get perfectly even 50/50 matches.

9 Likes

Bastion only becomes skillful above Diamond. He’s pretty much free SR below that if you know what you’re doing

1 Like

Everyone has its one personal “elo barrier”. But i continue to believe that Silver-Gold is one big purgatory. There is no skill and adaptation because every match is too random to improve and learn. Silver and Platinum is the same skill level but silver has less toxicity and bigger random factor.

1 Like

A player with a much better game sense and mechanical skills than the oposition will obviously easily climb their way from Bronze to GM… That’s why they were GM in the first place. Hell, I started on Bronze and got to Gold right in the first Season I played.

The game becomes hard when you start facing people that are on about the same level as you. That’s where you can no longer solo-carry and you need rely on your team to win. And that’s where most climbs stop.

2 Likes

People need to stop using the 50/50 winrate as an excuse. If you are a gold-plat player in Silver (like some people complain) then the game will try to force a 50/50 winrate as if you were a Silver player. Therefor, the people who the game thinks are an even match for you are actually supposedly significantly worse than you. So, climbing should be easy.

But it isn’t, because you belong in your rank.

There’s a difference between already being a GM player and playing on an alt, and someone who is just starting out in the game and getting to GM.

If you already have the basics down – such as awareness, game sense and a decent aim, then obviously you will climb. But for others who have trouble with either of the named, they will only climb very, very slowly.

It’s easier to climb from bronze to GM if you’re already a player within GM skill vs someone who may lack mechanical skill or other limitations.

8 Likes

So watching a GM get a new account and get back up to their actual rank inspires you?

I love watching people get better at the game. GM streams do absolutely nothing for me.

4 Likes

But are you actually sure of that?

No matter what direction i look at 50/50 winrate it means that the system will do its best to cripple you one way or another.
Lets put it into another perspective, you are a long range runner in the paralympics against wheelchair guys. You are perfectly healthy and have 100% winchance against them so to make the event balanced the jury either puts weight on you (people from low ranks) or put the wheelchair guys closer to the goalpost (much better enemy team).

Lets say that you are 2v2 in a new competitive match. You have 4K sr and your teammate has 0, your enemy is two 2K sr guys it doesnt sound fair that you are teamed up with someone who is literally worthless but in the eyes of the system its fair because you are on avarage 2K team sr so the 50/50 ratio was met.

If this wouldnt be the case a premade group where they have 1000 sr difference between their members would be immideatly matched with whatever team the system finds but thats not what happens. The system will take some really long time to find a match where the 50/50 is met even if that means that your avarage but well performing silver team will fight with high gold guys. If you win in that the system will just add it up that you need harder opponents to even out.

top 500 players doing the bronze to GM challenge… that’s like watching a muscular person challenging a baby to a weight lifting contest.

6 Likes

But how can it? If a player is apparently much better than it thinks they are?

This is why you cannot queue with people more than 1K SR on either side of you (or 500SR if you’re Diamond+). So stuff like this cannot happen.

If you lose to high gold players as a silver, you will only be lightly penalised. If you win, you’ll be highly rewarded with SR (as long as you performed well in the game). But if you’re actually a plat player with a silver rank, you will beat gold players (because, you’re better than them) and be highly rewarded with lots of SR because the game thinks you’re only silver. Thus, you will climb quickly.

2 Likes

Could you please show me atleast one complete Video/Stream/Playlist of someone climbing from unranked to gm, completely all by himself?
In my experience, “friends” or other pros join the group when one of the
streamers reaches HighPlat / Diamond.

I think that’s because at this level mechanical skills are no longer enough to decide games and you have to rely on a team.

1 Like